Stupid people.

MrsPear

Mum
Reaction score
A friend on FB wrote "Been to the chippy and it tasted shit, so disappointed".

Next person (who I'm not friends with) wrote, "Yeah, thats coz the pakis have bought it".

Next person writes, "Yeh".

WTF??! Are people really that stupid? And nasty? These morons have babies, it's scary! What sort of values are they going to teach their kids? Jeez, I try not to judge, but I hold my hands up, I just did. Although I suppose it's less anything to do with parenting and more just normal human common-sense to not be a racist. :dohh:

But especially so when you're involved with nurturing the next generation. :nope:

That's pretty disgusting. I defriended someone fir something similar. Don't want to see that.

That's disgusting and it's scary that the babies are going to learn these attitudes off their parents. Babies are a blank slate when born, they know no hate for any type of person or race. These parents seem like they'll be doing a pretty good job in influencing their LO negatively :(

That's terrible. In all honesty, my facebook "friendships" have quickly been becoming sparse. I've been deleting people left and right. I have no tolerance anymore for ignorance, smut, self pity attention seeking, religious, political, or depressing posts. I see enough in the real world and on the news I don't want to see it there. My hubby jokes that I am going to only see a handful of people's posts soon because I'm going to have nobody left. Lol. I only leave it open for distant family to keep in touch but constantly think I should just close it.

That's terrible. In all honesty, my facebook "friendships" have quickly been becoming sparse. I've been deleting people left and right. I have no tolerance anymore for ignorance, smut, self pity attention seeking, religious, political, or depressing posts. I see enough in the real world and on the news I don't want to see it there. My hubby jokes that I am going to only see a handful of people's posts soon because I'm going to have nobody left. Lol. I only leave it open for distant family to keep in touch but constantly think I should just close it.

I'm the same, always deleting people. Never used to but just got more fussy who can see my page since I had a baby. I also reported that racist comment to facebook. But some of the most interesting fb pages are the attention seeking ones! I tend just to unfollow those ones so I can dip back in. I hate hate hate all the "Like this if you want a cure for cancer" shite too x

I'm the same, always deleting people. Never used to but just got more fussy who can see my page since I had a baby. I also reported that racist comment to facebook. But some of the most interesting fb pages are the attention seeking ones! I tend just to unfollow those ones so I can dip back in. I hate hate hate all the "Like this if you want a cure for cancer" shite too x

Yes! I agree. Its heart breaking. I am not turning a blind eye to it, but I don't want to be depressed over it either. I know what you mean about the attention seeking people. Its literally like watching a train wreck, you can't seem to turn away sometimes. I found myself feeling too jaded towards people. I don't want to be like that, especially when I come across them face to face. Its just easier for me not to follow them. Although, once they see me delete them they probably wont talk to me in person anymore....hahaha. you just can't win!

God,thats shocking some people are disgusting why be racist?

If somebody reports that to police whoever posted that will be charged better still will do a night in the cells to appear at court!! I say grass them!!

Is it sad that what was said doesn't even surprise me? It's incredibly common to talk like that where I live. (Not by me, of course!) I hear it all the time and it's ridiculous. Here in the US, especially in the south where I'm from, people seem to think that if you aren't white and you don't speak English, you don't belong here. I hear all the time that "people need to stay in their own country, not come here."

I'm quick to point out that we were ALL immigrants once. It makes me sick. :nope: Definitely not what I want my kids to hear growing up.

I hate it when people are like that! Makes me sick! My husband's family call everyone with brown skin "pakis". So stupid. I cringe to think of my daughter around those people as she grows...

Even my own mother who is usually a pretty nice lady and I am sure seems perfectly normal to others will call homosexuals "f*gs". She said she has no problem with them as people and she loves them but they are "f*gs" who are "sinning". I told her she can't use that language around my daughter, she says she won't. She gets that from her side of the family. My sister told me they recently went to visit my mom's dad and brother and they went on about how Hitler would never allow f*gs to be so open as they are around here. Speaking of my grandpa (Opa) he has said, in his thick German accent, that certain people with non-white skin who also have a different accent should just "go back to their country". It's a real head scratcher for me... Then again I tend to actually allow logic to guide my thoughts. Silly me. (We live in Canada)

Luckily most folks around here are just as appalled at these thoughts and words as I am. I have never actually seen a Facebook friend talk that way.

That's so disgusting! It also worries me that when Lucas is older he'll be around children who have been taught that it's ok to be like that. I don't EVER want to hear things like that coming from my son and won't have it in my household!

My MIL and her partner are horribly racist, and proud of it. I really worry about the influence they are going to have on my son as he grows up. They also swear like sailers and will not temper their language around L :nope:

I've spent half of today bawling my f'in eyes out because I'm an immigrant, if only people spent one DAY trying to live in a place as a foreigner who can't speak the language (and no, asking for a beer in Spanish in Cancun doesn't count), the world would be a better place and more compassionate.

Is it sad that what was said doesn't even surprise me? It's incredibly common to talk like that where I live. (Not by me, of course!) I hear it all the time and it's ridiculous. Here in the US, especially in the south where I'm from, people seem to think that if you aren't white and you don't speak English, you don't belong here. I hear all the time that "people need to stay in their own country, not come here."

I'm quick to point out that we were ALL immigrants once. It makes me sick. :nope: Definitely not what I want my kids to hear growing up.

but there is equal racism against whites...probably more from my experience. Sad world. I have albinism and have encountered hate from both sides.

Disgusting. :(

My dads side of the family are a bit like that. One of my horrible cousins put all photos of him at an EDL rally thing.

Thank god I never see them and now have a different surname!

They all got cut from my Facebook too.

but there is equal racism against whites...probably more from my experience. Sad world. I have albinism and have encountered hate from both sides.

Oh, I know. It doesn't matter who you are, what color your skin is, what religion you practice, there's always going to be someone, somewhere, who thinks you're bad/wrong because you aren't just like they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->