Stupid people.

I've also been removing people from facebook for racist comments. And I often hear comments from relatives (mostly older relatives) of the type "I'm not racist, but..."
There is so much racism around here, but people just don't see it. Somehow prejudice against arabs and muslims is fine. Or anyone who doesn't speak French.

I've also been removing people from facebook for racist comments. And I often hear comments from relatives (mostly older relatives) of the type "I'm not racist, but..."
There is so much racism around here, but people just don't see it. Somehow prejudice against arabs and muslims is fine. Or anyone who doesn't speak French.

Like me (sort of, I speak enough for people to be annoyed by me and know that I'm not a tourist).... :coffee: I'm having an "I hate Quebec" day sorry :( :cry:

My son's garderie owner is from Haiti, you wouldn't believe the nasty things she has heard (well, I'm sure you would believe it).

Is it sad that what was said doesn't even surprise me? It's incredibly common to talk like that where I live. (Not by me, of course!) I hear it all the time and it's ridiculous. Here in the US, especially in the south where I'm from, people seem to think that if you aren't white and you don't speak English, you don't belong here. I hear all the time that "people need to stay in their own country, not come here."

I'm quick to point out that we were ALL immigrants once. It makes me sick. :nope: Definitely not what I want my kids to hear growing up.

but there is equal racism against whites...probably more from my experience. Sad world. I have albinism and have encountered hate from both sides.

Oh, I know. It doesn't matter who you are, what color your skin is, what religion you practice, there's always going to be someone, somewhere, who thinks you're bad/wrong because you aren't just like they are.

Yep. We are teaching our kids not to know color. Heck they are a minority in their daycare! The unfortunate thing is my DS doesn't understand why I won't let him play with the neighborhood kids. I have heard these kids call each other the N word as a term of endearment. Now can you imagine my four year old thinking that is ok and going to daycare with that?

Like me (sort of, I speak enough for people to be annoyed by me and know that I'm not a tourist).... :coffee: I'm having an "I hate Quebec" day sorry :( :cry:

My son's garderie owner is from Haiti, you wouldn't believe the nasty things she has heard (well, I'm sure you would believe it).

Yeah, I get those "I hate Quebec" days all the time too. And I'm from here.

Funny how in different places there seems to be some ethnicities that it's 'okay' to be racist about. Like non French-speaking where you are. Here I find it's like that about so-called 'asylum seekers'. It's not like asylum seekers wear a flag on their heads, mostly people are just making a racist comment about an Asian person, and labelling them an asylum seeker so it's 'acceptable' to make those comments.

And anyway, even if that person is an asylum-seeker I still think it's racist although I guess everyone is entitled to their own political belief. I used to work in the city's asylum and refugee department and the racism those people endure is awful. People posting human faeces through the letter box and all sorts. It's so upsetting that people are so horrid.

Like your nationality affects how you fry potatoes in oil!!! :rofl:

:dohh:

It is also guaranteed that any person referred to as a "paki" is almost certainly not from Pakista, but as if someone saying such things actually knows the minor details (*cough*) between a Pakistani and an Indian.

It is also guaranteed that any person referred to as a "paki" is almost certainly not from Pakista, but as if someone saying such things actually knows the minor details (*cough*) between a Pakistani and an Indian.

'Paki' can pretty much cover anyone from about Greece eastwards to some people. :dohh: I've even got a Japanese friend who someone shouted 'paki' at across the street when we were kids. Such a horrible term.

I lived with a British Indian girl, and it was startling how often her colleagues/university course mates were casually racist but then said, "No but I don't mean it about you". Just the other 1.2 billion people in India then? :dohh:

I'll admit I was a bit naive about racism before I worked with asylum seekers. I didn't realise how many people hold such deeply ingrained, venomous, racist views.

I had a friend who used to reply "actually, I'm from India". The people would look at him like he was mad, they didn't even know they were referring to a country when they said it :dohh:

I used to get " hate the English but you're alright " hmmm did u really just say that and think that's ok. :wacko:

I got that so much when I worked in the city but no so much now

I've spent half of today bawling my f'in eyes out because I'm an immigrant, if only people spent one DAY trying to live in a place as a foreigner who can't speak the language (and no, asking for a beer in Spanish in Cancun doesn't count), the world would be a better place and more compassionate.

I get that. Pisses me off. Not my fault I met a German and fell in love with a German and it was better for me to move than him (I had a shit job with no future whereas he has one hell of a future going for him). Some people are so stuck up and don't understand how hard to is to learn a language especially when you dont have the time (hello 15 month old to run around after ALL THE TIME!!!!). Doesn't help either when they want to show me their amazing English speaking skills - helps so much ... not -.-

Some people are just sick. My grandad a are slightly racist but never towards people. I think it's just a generation thing, what with then being 93!!

I had a friend once and I went to her house just as she got back from a shopping trip and she said to her 3yr old 'go and wash your hands, all the dirty p*kis on the bus will have touched the handrails' I was astounded, told her she can't say stuff like that to a child. Her drfense was she's germs phobic which she is but then just tell her to wash her hands! Needless to say we're not friends anymore.

Some people are just sick. My grandad a are slightly racist but never towards people. I think it's just a generation thing, what with then being 93!!

I had a friend once and I went to her house just as she got back from a shopping trip and she said to her 3yr old 'go and wash your hands, all the dirty p*kis on the bus will have touched the handrails' I was astounded, told her she can't say stuff like that to a child. Her drfense was she's germs phobic which she is but then just tell her to wash her hands! Needless to say we're not friends anymore.

My great grandma did genuinely think that African people should go back to Africa because they would be 'happier in the fields with their children on their backs'. But younger generations have absolutely no excuse. It's appalling your friend would say that.

People on my facebook are always sharing statistics of what 'illegal asylum seekers' get in handouts, taking off the elderly. WTF is that all about? So called 'illegals' wouldn't get a penny anyway because they'd be underground, no? And I don't know who's ass they pulled the statistics from, it's a total crock of shit. Their handouts are well below the poverty line.

When I worked with the asylum seekers in this city, the things I saw, I would defy anyone to say they don't deserve to be here. Young children forced to watch their mums being beheaded. Other awful, awful, awful stories. How can even begin to say they shouldn't be allowed in UK? Little kids who's mum got killed in front of their own eyes! People wrap up their prejudices as political views and then get protected, but to me it's all racism, plain and simple.

That one makes me laugh. Illegal immigrants are illegal! They get nothing :rofl:

'Paki' can pretty much cover anyone from about Greece eastwards to some people. :dohh: I've even got a Japanese friend who someone shouted 'paki' at across the street when we were kids. Such a horrible term.

I lived with a British Indian girl, and it was startling how often her colleagues/university course mates were casually racist but then said, "No but I don't mean it about you". Just the other 1.2 billion people in India then? :dohh:

I'll admit I was a bit naive about racism before I worked with asylum seekers. I didn't realise how many people hold such deeply ingrained, venomous, racist views.

Gahhh I HATE this. I once walked out of a family party when my sister's BIL started talking about how he hates 'all paki's', and it doesn't matter which country they're from, he was basically referring to anyone non-white. When someone pointed out my sister's friend (who he fancied), was Turkish, he said 'yeah but she doesn't count'. Whyyy, because you happen to know her, she's okay, yet you still hate every other non-white person? Bloody frigging arsehole :grr:

It really shocks me when I meet someone my age who is racist. I just can't get my head around it, do they not realise how absolutely ridiculous they're being? I saw some unbelievable things written on Facebook on transfer deadline day about some of the players, I was just sat there like, how can you openly speak like that!?? :wacko:

some people are actual half wits

I delete people who are racist in Facebook-I just can't be bothered with the ignorance!!

Unfortunately you can educate morons. I've tried.....

DH and his friend nearly had a fight with an absolute eejit. They were watching the Olympic's closing ceremony in a pub & the eejit was shouting at the TV "what the f**k are all those blacks doing in our closing ceremony?? blah blah blah" In the end, DH lost his rag & had to explain to me that the 'blacks who should get out of our Country' were in fact the Brazilians for the 'handing over the flame.' DH used some choice words mind you to describe the intelligence of the moron.

I had an argument with this girl the other day who made some remark on FB about immigrants taking all the money and the usual crap, and when I told her she was a racist little bitch she attempted to justify her beliefs by the fact that her fiancee was in London when the tube was bombed and in the half an hour or so before he called and said he was unharmed and totally out of the way she was nervous he was hurt, or something along those lines. So of course anyone east of France is justifiably hateable. I told her that I lived in Manchester when the city was bombed, and I don't hate the Irish, but the logic of that one was a little above her. I guess racism is hard work that occupies a large part of the brain, doesn't leave room for common sense, intelligence, or ability to use proper grammar, apparently. Poor guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->