Stupid people.

I bet them same people are eating currys dishes and every other type of food from the same people they call 'pakis'

Disgusting!

Emy that's hilarious. Sorry but some people are such half wits!! I was using the tube network the day of the London bombings, as was numerous colleagues and friends. Therefore I have every right to be racist :dohh: pmsl ignorant idiots.

I wouldn't like to see that on FB but in all honesty, I wouldn't defriend someone over it either. I just take it as it is. I don't agree but I am not offended either.

Ive deleted many people from my facebook who have been racist and homophobic!

I defriended my own cousin for being a recist douche.

I wouldn't like to see that on FB but in all honesty, I wouldn't defriend someone over it either. I just take it as it is. I don't agree but I am not offended either.

I wouldn't Defriend someone for having different political beliefs to me (like for example what rights asylumseekers should have in UK or our immigration policies even if I think their view comes out of ignorance then I would try to respect it as their valid opinion) but when someone starts spouting about 'pakis' or something derogatory about Muslims or other groups (eg homosexuals) then out of principle I would tell them I am offended and definitely defriend (on facebook and try to distance myself in real life) unless they saw the error of their ways. I just can't see any excuse for it and I cannot accept those views and attitudes in the people who I am friends with.

Uurggghh thats awful...narrow minded people on facebook everywhere..someone yesterday put that kids with 'problems' should be put in the same class...obvious we have gone back to the 50's and kids who need help should be segregated.... :nope:

I'm going to offer a different perspective on this, just to give them the benefit of the doubt and hear what people think.

I assume your friends who made these comments about Pakistanis are white. I'm just wondering if this is part of what it comes down to.

To everyone who said they're offended by the comment: What if a Chinese person made a similar comment about a white-run Chinese food restaurant, would that be racist? Or if an Indian person said that the food from a Masala place was shite because it was made by (white) Brits, would you take the same offence to that?

This is all just making me think, because there have been a few times I've questioned the 'authenticity' of an ethnic restaurant due to thinking that the actual chef or staff isn't actually from that country. My family and I went to a Thai-Indian restaurant a couple weeks ago; the Indian food was great, but the Thai food was horrible. We discussed afterwards how the chef was probably Indian (explaining why the Indian food was delicious) but he just may not know how to cook Thai food properly.

That being said, your friends should NOT have used the word paki, that was completely uncalled for, inexcusable and I hope they aren't saying it around their children.

I'm just wondering if maybe the food part alone wasn't meant as harshly as it looked over text. I could be wrong though.

I'm going to offer a different perspective on this, just to give them the benefit of the doubt and hear what people think.

I assume your friends who made these comments about Pakistanis are white. I'm just wondering if this is part of what it comes down to.

To everyone who said they're offended by the comment: What if a Chinese person made a similar comment about a white-run Chinese food restaurant, would that be racist? Or if an Indian person said that the food from a Masala place was shite because it was made by (white) Brits, would you take the same offence to that?

This is all just making me think, because there have been a few times I've questioned the 'authenticity' of an ethnic restaurant due to thinking that the actual chef or staff isn't actually from that country. My family and I went to a Thai-Indian restaurant a couple weeks ago; the Indian food was great, but the Thai food was horrible. We discussed afterwards how the chef was probably Indian (explaining why the Indian food was delicious) but he just may not know how to cook Thai food properly.

That being said, your friends should NOT have used the word paki, that was completely uncalled for, inexcusable and I hope they aren't saying it around their children.

I'm just wondering if maybe the food part alone wasn't meant as harshly as it looked over text. I could be wrong though.

Yeah I do get what you're saying actually. Like, at a lot of Chinese/Thai/Japanese restaurants round here, the chefs may not necessarily actually be from that part of the world. I don't know if it affects their cooking because in our restaurants we get such a British interpretation of different cuisines anyway, so you know I'm not really sure that the Chinese restaurant offers me a true Chinese meal whoever cooked it...

...But to be honest, I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt. He is being racist. I can see how on another occasion, a person might be saying something like, "That Japanese meal wasn't great because it was cooked by a British person with no real experience of Japanese food..." and no racism would be intended. But, Paki is a derrogatory term anyway, Pakistani people in my area are mainly 3rd generation and all British anyway, and this is fish and chips not haute cuisine, I truly don't think there's any excuse for what he said!

I wouldn't Defriend someone for having different political beliefs to me (like for example what rights asylumseekers should have in UK or our immigration policies even if I think their view comes out of ignorance then I would try to respect it as their valid opinion) but when someone starts spouting about 'pakis' or something derogatory about Muslims or other groups (eg homosexuals) then out of principle I would tell them I am offended and definitely defriend (on facebook and try to distance myself in real life) unless they saw the error of their ways. I just can't see any excuse for it and I cannot accept those views and attitudes in the people who I am friends with.

I understand what your saying. Unfortunately sometimes people dont think before they speak. Racist threads/pictures...yes just nasty but the odd comment, no I wouldn't delete. It doesn't make me any less of a person if it doesn't offend me. People say "spaz" etc quite freely in public in jokey terms but I just bite my lip. Unless people say it directly to my son then I let it blow over. For me personally, I have enough stress than to get offended over FB tbh.

A friend on FB wrote "Been to the chippy and it tasted shit, so disappointed".

Next person (who I'm not friends with) wrote, "Yeah, thats coz the pakis have bought it".

Next person writes, "Yeh".

WTF??! Are people really that stupid? And nasty? These morons have babies, it's scary! What sort of values are they going to teach their kids? Jeez, I try not to judge, but I hold my hands up, I just did. Although I suppose it's less anything to do with parenting and more just normal human common-sense to not be a racist. :dohh:

But especially so when you're involved with nurturing the next generation. :nope:
after the racist remarks , they sell shit in chippies there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->