Stupid question about when to ttc / coming off the pill

starstarstar

Reaction score
Hey,

This might be a silly question but I'll give it a go!

I have just stopped taking cerazette (POP/Mini Pill) and I haven't had a period for about two years. Now that I have stopped, do we actively start ttc straight away or do we wait until I get a period so I can check I'm ovulating first?

I know it probably sounds a bit weird, but I don't want to actively ttc when I know nothing will come of it.

Has anyone ttc as soon as they have come off the pill and got their BFP or did it happen after your period came back?

:)

It's really up to you. No need to withhold sex even though you don't know when/if you ovulate. A healthy couple only has a 20% chance of conceiving each cycle, so there is always going to be a chance it won't be successful.

I suggest you start temping so that you can confirm that you are ovulating. That is the only 100% way to prove that you are.

If temping isn't for you then you can try OPK's, but keep in mind those only detect an LH serge and can not confirm ovulation.

Thanks for your reply Beachy :) It's not so much about withholding sex, more about not doing it with my mind elsewhere thinking whether any things happening or not. I'm happy to dtd at any point but I'd usually be aware of whether it's a good time for being fertile and I'd make the most of it! I hope that makes sense! :p

I do have some OPK's but I don't know if it's a waste to start them so soon after coming off the pill :-/

I've read that some women get pregnant their first month after stopping the pill.

You should check out fertilityfriend.com - they have some awesome tutorials about fertility and temping on there that might help you out.

I don't think anyone can say when you might ovulate, but going off the basic charts, it's CD14....now with that said, I don't know anyone who ovulates CD14. Which is why most people temp or use OPK's so that they can pinpoint ovulation.

I think most sites will tell you to start using OPK's CD10. With that said, I don't start using them until CD11 because I know through months of temping that I usually ovulate CD13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->