• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stupid Questions about your pregnancy that drive you nuts?

I haven't gotten a lot of stupid questions, per se, but before we knew the gender, I did get WAY too much unsolicited advice on how to conceive a girl vs a boy. Like, I had coworkers telling me things like orgasms during sex are more likely to result in boys. That was always interesting!

Mostly the questions don't bother me, though. I am super excited to talk to anyone about my son. :)

At this point (33 weeks), I've been asked a couple of different times if I'm as miserable as I look. Really?! Didn't realize I look so miserable...and I'm feeling pretty good, thanks!

I haven't gotten a lot of stupid questions, per se, but before we knew the gender, I did get WAY too much unsolicited advice on how to conceive a girl vs a boy. Like, I had coworkers telling me things like orgasms during sex are more likely to result in boys. That was always interesting!

Mostly the questions don't bother me, though. I am super excited to talk to anyone about my son. :)

I've gotten the "how-to get a boy/girl" advice from two people: a co-worker and my mom! I was pretty uncomfortable in both instances! :blush:

I can honestly say this I have never been asked any stupid or irritating questions because I usually don't show this is my first time showing so I am enjoying it kind of because I get to experience something I didn't with my boys. I do feel a lot of the questions are invasive and rude though such as are you having more than one and was it planned personally that is no ones business except who you want to know it.

The "was this an accident" question and the "were you just trying for a girl" question REALLY irritates me! We have 3 boys and EVERYONE thinks we're only pregnant because we want a girl... like somehow I'm disappointed with my 3 boys?!?!?

Me and my oh work for same company so told our manager as soon as we found out because I knew we would need time of together, we had an early scan at 7 week's since then everyday at work all we both get of her is 'when are you telling everyone else" "why are you not telling people yet" I feel like screaming at her we are both like every time "because we want to wait until 12 week scan then we will tell everyone else" and then I always get "why you waiting, you had an early scan so know things are fine" if I want to wait until my 12 week scan I will!!!! As it is our scan is tomorrow and I cant wait to get her of my back!! also in canteen where other ppl could hear but luckily werent listening she was asking "do you know what your having" (I'm 12 weeks no I don't) "have you felt baby kick yet?" (noooooo it's to early) and then "why are you having so many scans" (she knows why I had an early scan at 7 week's because of a previous ectopic) she drives me nuts I dread having to talk to her!! And I'm sure managers shouldn't be like that anyway! There's my rant of the day haha xxx

"Hi Claude where's your baby" I'm over due 2days.
Me "I decided I'm not having a baby anymore I'm going back to work tommorow"
They literally don't know how to answer ask a stupid question get a stupid answer

More of an annoying question I get...

I'm 22 and people will ask if the baby has a father and automatically think this was not planned and I am upset! I am engaged and about to graduate college with two degrees.... YES IT WAS PLANNED AND YES I AM HAPPY!

so irritating!! lol

ive just posted in the other post about silly questions, but guess ill post it here too,
I was in tesco yesterday popped in for a crate of coke and some pudding, so im walking around with my crate of 12 standard sized cans of coke, a pack of muffins and a tin of custard, a worker there looked at my basket, looked at my bump and said 'should you really be carrying that' my first reply was 'carry what? the baby or the shopping' he looked and smiled i then said 'im pregnant love, not ret****d'
i get that you shouldn't carry heavy things when pregnant but seriously? if i feel i can carry something i will, if i cant, i will try but give up. When i recently moved home my dad helped us, he would only allow me to pick up empty boxes or light things like bedding LOL i suppose people mean well but what would the guy have done? carried it round the shop and home for me?
I laughed most of the way home whilst carrying my shopping!

*sorry if the starred word offends anyone, i just had to say it

"Hi Claude where's your baby" I'm over due 2days.
Me "I decided I'm not having a baby anymore I'm going back to work tommorow"
They literally don't know how to answer ask a stupid question get a stupid answer

LOL! How are you feeling claudinator? I hope your baby comes soon!!

Ha ha red lemonade I am fed up I spend my days hiding and I've a cold!! I am so grumpy!! How are you?

ive just posted in the other post about silly questions, but guess ill post it here too,
I was in tesco yesterday popped in for a crate of coke and some pudding, so im walking around with my crate of 12 standard sized cans of coke, a pack of muffins and a tin of custard, a worker there looked at my basket, looked at my bump and said 'should you really be carrying that' my first reply was 'carry what? the baby or the shopping' he looked and smiled i then said 'im pregnant love, not ret****d'
i get that you shouldn't carry heavy things when pregnant but seriously? if i feel i can carry something i will, if i cant, i will try but give up. When i recently moved home my dad helped us, he would only allow me to pick up empty boxes or light things like bedding LOL i suppose people mean well but what would the guy have done? carried it round the shop and home for me?

When I was still working I got this ALL the time...they were basically like do your job, but don't lift anything...and when I did you should have heard them. Don't they think I'm just as worried about my own child? I know my limits and I won't do anything to hurt him, why do they think they care more about him than I do?

Ha ha red lemonade I am fed up I spend my days hiding and I've a cold!! I am so grumpy!! How are you?

Aw I hope your cold clears up fast! You must be getting so excited to see your LO now :)

I'm doing good thanks! This is probably the best time during pregnancy. Except for the round ligament pain!

I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to your birth announcement! :)

When I was still working I got this ALL the time...they were basically like do your job, but don't lift anything...and when I did you should have heard them. Don't they think I'm just as worried about my own child? I know my limits and I won't do anything to hurt him, why do they think they care more about him than I do?

omgsh i hate this!! i will go grocery shopping and be loading bags in my car and people walk by and some will say, "should you really be lifting all that yourself?" my arms aren't broke, i'm pregnant! it's not like i'm a heavy weight champion! unless you are going to load my groceries for me how about you keep to yourself geesh! lol.

Who do they think is going to unload the car and put the shopping away when you get home? The magic shopping pixies?

I think it's unfortunate that these people are giving the pregnant ladies who are strong enough to do these things flack but when those of us who are having problems or are struggling and do need help we get a "you're fine" or "you're whining". Can you send those nosey strangers my way? LOL But I go grocery shopping with my dh on his days off so he does all the really heavy lifting anyways.

I haven't had any really annoying questions this time around. I keep to myself a lot though. My pregnant friends are the only ones who really ask me anything and since they're pregnant too it's more exchanging of notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->