Stupid security!

L

Lisa1302

I purposely bought my last sling with non metallic rings so that I didn't have to remove it to go through security at the Airport...in Birmingham they were fine.

Coming home in France though they demanded I remove her and the sling get scanned - I told them it wasn't metallic and that it was something I was wearing - people aren't expected to remove clothes so why should I remove that?
They weren't having any of it and I had to take it off to go through the bag scanner :growlmad:

I was absolutely fuming as it was boiling hot with no air conditioning and I had to faff around getting her in and out more than really needed when she was perfectly happy sat there.

Has anyone else come across this when they have non metallic slings?!

Not that that specific problem, but I do find that the security staff at the French airports I've been to almost seem to go out of their way to be awkward!

One of my friends has a defibriliator fitted, and so can't go through any kind of metal scanner. She had a certificate and letters from 2 consultants explaining exactly why. She eventually had to go to the person in charge of the whole airport, and say "Fine, I'll walk through it but then my husband will get you charged with murder!" before they accepted that she really couldn't do it!

I expect them to ask me to take my sling off at airports. You are meant to step through the scanners separately and without bags, things in your pockets, sometimes shoes ect. Obviously your LO can't go through on their own but you must go through them with the minimum of things on you, so I am surprised anywhere would let you keep the sling on. You don't take clothes off but you do remove everything except clothes - the sling is not an item of clothing.

Sounds annoying! although there could be a bomb under it :rofl:

Sounds annoying! although there could be a bomb under it :rofl:

lol well I managed to smuggle a rather large ham baguette in my hand luggage so they aren't very good at detecting naughty stuff cos no joke it was rock hard and could have been used to do the pilot over!

Happened to me when I had Hayden in his carrier, so annoying! Plus I didn't have an ID so they had to put us through some puff thing where it puffed air on us to test for some sort of residue...the boys were terrified and they tried saying I had to make my then 2yr old Casen go through it by himself...that wasn't happening. And they scanned each of them too...ridiculous!

I thought it was standard practice to remove slings/baby carriers; I've always had to.

Way I see it you have to remove bags, scarfs, coats. A sling is not really that different to a bag & could very easily be used to conceal something. I've always been asked to remove the sling (ring sling with plastic ring & maitei) even before going thru' the metal detector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->