• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

subchorionic hematoma 15 weeks

Ashley25

Reaction score
I will be 15 weeks Friday. At 11 weeks I had a tiny bit of pink/brown spotting that then stopped. At my 12 week scan they saw what they thought was another Gestational Sac and asked me to go back in two weeks for another scan. Fast forward to today and the tech said she saw what looked like a bleed in my uterus. It looked big to me but I stupidly didn't get measurements.
The doctor said it was a subchorionic hematoma and it was opposite the placenta. The baby is measuring on track but I am devastated. Does this mean I will lose her? My doctor said that I will get another scan in 2 weeks. She said theres nothing they can do about it until 24 weeks. Help please.. I haven't had any other bleeding. Is it better that I haven't bled??? Whatever help would be great

I had one with #5.

I had a bleed at 9 weeks (sounds exactly the same as your bleed) and FREAKED due to having 2 previous mmc.

Little Mr was fine. The clot eventually absorbed and he was born perfect and at term.

One of the other mums in my online DIG had one as well, her little Miss was born perfect too.

Rest up, and go on 'light duties' in your every day x

I've had a SCH since 6 weeks and I'm now 20 weeks. At my 19w2d US, it was still there just very, very slowly resolving. I'm not doing anything special, OB and my maternal fetal medicine doc aren't concerned or putting me on any restrictions. I had terrible bleeding from 6-9 weeks with large clots and huge gushes of bright red blood, but each time everything was still perfect. It's scary but unless they put you on bedrest or give you restrictions, everything is likely just fine. Mine was originally behind a placenta and as babies have grown, it is now just sitting between both sacs. They are worrisome when they are behind and surrounding the placentas because it detaches from the uterine wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->