subchorionic hematoma and rh- ... should i have gotten anti-d or is it irrelevant?!

loverguts

Reaction score
Just read the thread on rhesus negative shots and suddenly wondered if because i have a subchorionic hematoma (or blood clot etc) in my uterus should i have gotten anti-d?
I haven't had any bleeding so i don't know if it doesn't really count unless i actually have a bleed that comes out.
My last LO was positive so i don't know what the chances are that this one will be too.

Im assuming that if my body was going to attack my baby it would have happened by now? I found out i had the clot at 7ish weeks and was still there at 12 but no problems other than that. Hmmmmm. Does anyone know??:wacko:

I hope this post actually makes sense!

I have a harmatoma which was confirmed on my 6 week scan. I was not put on anti d. I am just on progesterone pessaries twice daily till I'm 12 weeks. I have had 2 decent bleeds. Firse bleed when I was 5 weeks 6 days and second bleed at 6 weeks and 3 days. It's a terrifying experience to go through :-(
All the best

Unless you have significant bleeding I don't think they do the anti-D until 28 weeks. Presumably you already know for sure that you have a negative blood type? If you have a positive blood type you won't need the anti-D whatever the circumstances but I guess you know that already.

Thanks for the replies ladies. Im o negative. My LO was o positive so i was just a little worried incase this one is also but it looks like it wouldn't matter anyway! If i do get any bleeding i will definitely ask the doctor but for now i will stop panicking! :thumbup:
RB25 - Sorry to hear of the bleeds, must be blimmin scary!! Fingers crossed for you that its all cleared up by your next scan :flower:

My SCH was diagnosed at 5 weeks 5 days. Have spotted brown for over 4 weeks. my dr. decided to give me a Rhogam shot next week as I am RH-

Said it wouldn't harm anything and just to do it in case. Had another u/s that day and my baby was ok and the SCH is reportedly getting smaller.

It is the single most nervewracking thing I have ever been thru!

should have said they gave me the shot last week. DUH!

Thanks for the reply socitycourty. I have had veeery small amounts of brown spotting over the past few weeks but i haven't really classed it as bleeding as such. Now im back to wondering again!! Must be at the doctors discretion maybe.
I think im just gonna have to bug my MW tomorrow and ask her but im sure she'll tell me to stop worrying as usual and say that i should stop thinking about it!
Glad that your SCH is getting smaller, must be a big relief! :flower:

I am so glad it's smaller. I was upset by the Rhogam shot because I thought my dr assumed I was having a miscarriage. I questioned it, and she said, just in case. I think some doctors won't give you the shot unless you have a big red bleed? IDK. In any case I asked her, would it harm the baby if it's in there healthy? and she said no. I will also have to have one at 28 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->