Subchorionic Hematoma help!!!!

wheelz23

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
After spotting for a week, I was diagnosed at 6w3d with a hematoma. It was 15x12x6mm, and at the time baby was developing properly and had a heartrate of 119. Doctor 1 (my normal doc is on maternity leave so I keep getting switched around) said I had a 5% chance of miscarriage. Put me on pelvic rest and to take it easy on exercise, and sent me on my way.

at 7w1d I stopped spotting completely. I was thrilled! I thought maybe it was over.
At 7w3d I started gushing bright red blood. There were no clots, no cramping, but just bright red blood that terrified me. I was told to prepare for the worst and head to the doctor.

Went to the doctor, baby was developing fine, heart rate of 159, and the SCH was now 7x11x9mm. Doctor 2 told me he wouldn't give me a percentage on miscarriage rates, but that USUALLY he sees these things and they resolve. He said it was a threatened miscarriage, not to lift anything over 10lbs, no exercise (not even walking), pelvic rest, and basically to do nothing besides drink water sit and lay down. He said I need to be that way for three weeks before I can act usual.

So now, as you can imagine, I'm confused. I don't really know what to expect. Am I going to lose my baby? Is it normal for a heart rate to go from 119 to 159? Is the baby in distress? Doctor didn't mention distress, but I am having a hard time figuring out what is going on. I've heard there's a shake or something that people drink to heal. ANY advice, stories, or experiences please share with me. I don't know what to expect, how to know if it's healed. Next US is at 9w5d and I'm only 7w4d, feels like an eternity away. I'm back now to dark spotting, but will I experience another bleed like that?

Ugh. Limbo sucks. I'm so stressed/sad.

I don't have any experience with your specific situation, but when I had my first ultrasound at 7 week-ish, the baby's heart rate was 170. We were told that was normal. The baby's heart rate stayed high between 160-170 until he 2nd trimester and then began to slow to the 135-155 range where it's remained. So I think the heart rate being that high is normal.

Sorry you are so stressed. I too dealt with a complication early on and it was horribly stressful, hate to see anyone go through it. But follow your doc's advice and stay positive! Sounds like chances are the baby will be okay.

I had a subchorionic hematoma at week 9. I started bleeding, only spotting, but I went to the doctor. I had to be in bed rest until it disappeared on about week 16.
I read a lot about it, and I learnt that it is usually ok, the only thing you can do is bed rest, take it easy. It is more problematic when the hematoma is bigger than the sac. But the bigger the sac gets over time, the less risky.

thank you! Mine is the size of a large pea, and my baby is the size of a strawberry, so I have that working for me! Hopefully it's still shrinking. I go for a follow up US next week and am SO nervous. However I have stopped bleeding for a few days now, fingers crossed.

Try this group. A few of us stick around to answer questions and give support. :hugs:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/142576-sch-group-subchorionic-hematoma.html

I had this. I was certain I was having a miscarriage because I had tons of blood with clots and cramping. It was so scary but everything was fine and it resolved by the second trimester. There is conflicting information about bed rest but I limited my activity to be cautious.

Hi, i had a large sch which caused lots of bright red bleeding at 10-11 weeks. At my next scan at 13 weeks it had actually got bigger. I was terrified! I had a private scan at 18 weeks which showed it was still there but had become old. At just over 20 weeks it couldn't be seen so my body must have absorbed it! I was on pelvic rest but was allowed to go about everything else as normal although i did take it extra easy. I had an extra scan at the end to make sure the baby' growth hadn't been hindered.
After worrying about miscarrying and then about preterm labour and fetal growth i ended up going overdue, being induced and having an 8lb 9.5oz perfect baby boy!

I know its easy to worry but try to rest as much as possible and i found drinking water helped with any cramps etc.
I hope you dont have anymore bleeding and the hematoma is absorbed by your next scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->