subchorionic hematoma information

mummof1

Reaction score
Okay anyone diagnosed with this I have some questions !
How far along were you when you were diagnosed ?
If you bled, how long ?
Did you have pain ?
Did the hematoma eventually get reabsorbed ?

I am 5 weeks and experiencing bleeding but I have no cramps at all .. I have been researching literally all day long (took the day off work)
And I came across this subchorionic hematoma thing .
The symptoms sound like what I am experiencing and now I'm just wondering if others on here have experienced this ?
I just have this feeling everything is going to be okay .. Praying lots too!
I saw my doctor today but she is seeing me again next Wednesday so that's when she will do blood work and order a scan. I'll be 6 weeks.

I had one at 8 weeks, had an ultrasound due to bleeding after sex and they found it then. I was put on pelvic rest for a couple of weeks and it re absorbed pretty quickly. Everything was fine with me and baby. :)

Hey there! I had this with my last pregnancy. That pregnancy ended with a miscarriage but the loss had absolutely nothing to do with the subchorionic hematoma. I noticed bleeding especially the day after a lot of activity. I was told not to worry once they had done a scan and found it, it really eased my mind because seeing blood obviously sends you into a panic immediately! Hope all goes well at your appointment :)

Forgot to mention, to answer your questions - I had no pain whatsoever and would bleed every few days...

Thank you ladies ! I truly do not know what I would do without all the support on here .
I'm hopeful and praying lots .

I had a subchorionic hematoma in my last pregnancy. I started bleeding quite heavily at 11+3 weeks and thought it was over. I did have pain too and it was the pain I noticed first when I was out shopping. Then when I went home and went to the toilet, that's when I noticed the bleeding. The hematoma was very large but didn't affect baby at all. By my 20 week ultrasound it had completely re absorbed and I went on to have a healthy 8lbs 7oz little girl.

Hiya, I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma around 7 weeks. I had bleeding the day before my scheduled scan, and then twice after, both during week 9. Mine is a small hematoma (1.7 cm x .7 cm) and I have been on pelvic rest since they found it. I am also working from home, just as a precaution, and that has seemed to help me a lot! No more spotting since my last bleeding episode a few weeks ago, and I'm really hoping that they will say the hematoma has shrunk/disappeared at my next scan on Friday! I did have some pain, but its hard for me to know what the pain is related as I also have pretty bad endometriosis and that might be it. Hope all will be well with you, its good that you have a good feeling! :hugs:

I had a large SCH (around 7cm x 4cm) diagnosed at 12 weeks, after a heavy bleed. I bled for 4 weeks in total, with no real pain. They are generally reabsorbed as the baby grows and pushes against it. However, mine was in a bit of an awkward spot which meant it was still present at my 20 week scan, although it had halved in size and sealed itself (there was no live blood running through it). I went for my most recent scan at 29 weeks and it had finally gone :thumbup:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Did any of you who were diagnosed get negative home pregnancy tests? I am pretty much accepting that I suffered an early miss carriage because today my digital test said not pregnant
yesterdays still were positive even digital one was

Oh I am sorry that your pregnancy tests are negative :hugs: I hope its a fluke and that everything is still going ok. I can't say that I had a negative test. Sorry again :hugs:

How far along were you when you were diagnosed ?
If you bled, how long ?
Did you have pain ?
Did the hematoma eventually get reabsorbed ?

Diagnosed at 5 weeks.

I bled constantly from week 5 until week 10, and still have occasional spotting. At one point I had a hemorrhage heavy enough to soak through my pants and make a puddle on the floor.

I did and still do have stabbing pains in the area of the SCH.

My SCH was still present at my ultrasound yesterday (21w5d)

I am 6 weeks 6 days and today was my heaviest bleeding. I had a light pad on and I had to throw it out and change to a medium size one, had to change that out to another medium sized one. I bled heavily today. Kind of freaking out b/c the blood flows out faster than my normal periods! No cramps. Got diagnosed this past Thursday.

It's slowing down though. It started at 5:30 and last time I bled on the pad and toilet was 8:30. A lot came out for about 2 hrs on and off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->