substituted items - online order - what have you received?

catty

Reaction score
Just received my online order from asda and stupidly didnt check the substitutes. Some are so badly matched -

Hunters chicken received fishcakes
chicken & pepperoni - fishcakes
haddock - galmon steak.
baby yoghurts - diet yoghurts
6 kitchen rolls - only got 2 for same price

I was not impressed to say the least (there was 11 others but they were much better matched and some of them I did save money)

Whats the stupidest/most random you have recieved?

A few years ago I received felt tip pens in the place of satsumas. In their defence there was an orange pen in the pack...

A few years ago I received felt tip pens in the place of satsumas. In their defence there was an orange pen in the pack...

Omg hahah maybe mine isnt so weird then!

I once got taramasalata instead of tzatziki :| I think someone just went "oooh long word beginning with T!"

Chilli powder instead of curry powder, ok they are both spice powders but I needed curry powder for a specific recipe and they are not the same thing at all! Also quorn which is not vegan, substituted for vegan mince, bean burgers etc. Asda and Sainsbury's are the biggest culprits as far as that goes. Xx

we have had quorn things substituted for meat before, obviously we are offering quorn for a reason! The 3 for 2s used to annoy me when they would only send 2 as flavour offered was oos our something, why not think and out 2 of anotherflavour ordered?

I shop with tesco and rarely get substitutions. They usually make sense apart from the other week. I'd ordered a dozen eggs and got sesame bagels?? Ok then
Even if they'd sold out of large packs I'm pretty sure they could have given me two half dozens. I refuse to believe there were no eggs in store.
I would have loved a dozen Easter eggs :-D

I shop with tesco and rarely get substitutions. Once i had a cheap cut of lamb about £6 roughly substituted for a £14 lamb leg that was good! Some of your's are crazy though!

Caffeine free coke substituted for coke. We needed caffeine free for a reason!

I've never really had bad ones. Though a couple of times I've had a sub, happened to venture into the shop later on in the day and find a shelf full of the original item :dohh:
Sometimes I think they just do it for a laugh!

One time I ordered a box of cheap plastic champagne glasses, Tesco had none in so sent me a dozen proper champagne glasses, I was made up!

I could understand if I had some other kind of chicken but to me fishcakes arent even remotely similar to chicken :(:(
Plus it was buy 3 for £8 so I never got the deal as the fishcakes werent in the deal so id have to pay more. The annoying thing is 1000% everytime I go into asda there are HEAPS of the 3 for £8 so really any of them would have done.
the yoghurts are annoying as I now have 12 that il never eat and dont think babies should eat diet yoghurts??

You can send them back you know? If I ever get a sub I didn't want (for ex one time they sent me lamb instead of beef), I just hand it back to the driver and ask for the refund.

You can send them back you know? If I ever get a sub I didn't want (for ex one time they sent me lamb instead of beef), I just hand it back to the driver and ask for the refund.

Its my own fault as he apologised for the amount of subs and said to read through, I glimpsed and seen the top ones which were things that were like for like and never bothered to read the whole list.

no sausages and no substitutes i cant believe they had no sausages whatsoever

I shop with tesco and rarely get substitutions. Once i had a cheap cut of lamb about £6 roughly substituted for a £14 lamb leg that was good! Some of your's are crazy though!

Same here but I got 2 large chickens instead of 1extra large :D last week I got 4 tins of tuna instead of the 3 I ordered.

I've always done quite well out of the substitutions, nothing too random as yet!

My mum got washing up sponges instead of a sponge cake once :rofl:

I know with ocado they use a warehouse and it comes out on a conveyor belt. I once had no eggs arrive and I rang them up to say surely there were SOME eggs in stock and they explained to me that the egg belt had a fault so no eggs were available.
Ive never had a substitute with ocado, really glad I switched over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->