substituted items - online order - what have you received?

Not so ridiculous but we once ordered 2 pot noodles and they gave us 1 big one, as if me and OH were gonna sit with 2 forks?

Worst one has to be I ordered 12 doughnuts and recieved.. NOTHING. And I cried.

Not a sub but we ordered durex..it was after I had ds2, OH hadn't had 'it' for about 8 weeks..then asda supplied us with this!
IMG_47568605416211.jpg
OHwas like a man possessed trying to get in that box! Lol

Not a sub but we ordered durex..it was after I had ds2, OH hadn't had 'it' for about 8 weeks..then asda supplied us with this!
View attachment 746357

That's hilarious. Poor OH. I bet the staff were pissing themselves laughing when packing that!

I didn't even know condoms came in security boxes. For future reference, order them from Amazon...much cheaper! (& no hammer required)

I forgot to mention the time ocado sent us cases and cases worth of hungry baby formula by accident, have no idea why! Then they insisted on collecting it all. I stayed in on the evening they were meant to collect and they didn't show up then they sent someone the next day who phoned and said he was 'in the area' doing deliveries anyway so could he come and collect? I looked outside and he was sitting outside in the van don't know why he didn't just say that lol? Anyway that put me off ordering from them for six months, they have much improved now xx

I refuse to accept the substitutes but I'm mean like that :wacko:

I used to work in a day nursery years ago when Iceland very first started home delivery and the chef placed an order which included a large amount of fairy cakes to last a week and they substituted with kitchen roll and washing up liquid :haha:

With Tesco you can choose to turn off substitutions if want too.

Most of the time our subs are fine but the strange ones I can think of were..

Ordered: Banks Beer (Caribbean Lager) Sub: Non-alcholic Ginger Beer
Ordered: Spring Onions Sub: Radishes
Ordered: Courgette Sub: Marrow
Ordered: Garden Mint (the plant) Sub: Trebor Extra Stong Mints :dohh:

I've always found tesco to be great, I normally get something better.

Some great subs here though!

For our wedding list I specifically said no subs but someone got a le creuset dish substituted for a washing up basket and 2 sets of salt and pepper shakers :s

View attachment 746357

:haha: That's hilarious my OH would have been exactly the same! I've only really just started shopping online so no rubbish subs for me just yet xx

i mostly shop with tesco and they rarely sub and if they do are usally better. however asda i ordered a 3 birthday candle and they sent a 8 (suppose i was meant to cut it in half lol)

Iv not had nothing to weird substituted but I did however order from Asda once and after unpacking all the bags I noticed 40 lambert and butler and a 50g pouch of golden Virginia. I definately didn't order that but my OH was pleased lol. He waited a day before opening them just Incase Asda rang me lol

Not a funny one this but had my usual organic fruit and veg box from ocado subbed for another brand's one this week. The other brand's one was only £15.99 on offer but I never tried it as the reviews were so-so. When I got it I was very pleased, box had same amount if not more stuff than ocado's one and same amount as the fruit and veg box I get from a local company sometimes that at full price costs nearly a tenner more! Quality of the stuff in the box we got this week is really good too. Definitely ordering this again instead of the ocado one or buying from the local company xx

I ordered a multi photo frame that holds 4, 6x4 pictures..... asda sent a single 7x5 as replacenment....not just once but twice!!! The third time they subbed it for a photo album (theyre cheapest one) needless to say I sent them back.
Finally got it right on my 4th attempt

My weirdest one (which is nothing in comparison to some of yours!) but I ordered elderflower shloer at Christmas and I got elderflower cordial instead.

I'm sat waiting for a delivery now, I've ordered 3 Easter eggs for £10 I'm secretly hoping they subbed them for huge ones lol.

Ordered lemons (to make a cake) got Cif lemon multi surface cleaner.
Ordered chocolate stars cereal got pack of chocolate stars dairy free *pack of sweets for a box of vegan cereal)
loads of non gluten free stuff in place of the free from ranges.

They have not subbed things like toilet roll and cat food and never sent me a thing a few times.

I ordered a multi photo frame that holds 4, 6x4 pictures..... asda sent a single 7x5 as replacenment....not just once but twice!!! The third time they subbed it for a photo album (theyre cheapest one) needless to say I sent them back.
Finally got it right on my 4th attempt

they did same on me. They stopped doing frames now. They did send me a big glass nice one in place of a cheap one. Sometimes rare you get a win.

my mum always moans when she gets subs, i have to keep telling her its the computer that subs them not the poor bugger walking around doing your shopping!
:dohh:

i stopped shopping online as they kept sending me things i didnt want which resulted in me 'popping' to tesco to get the bits i need & spending another £40-50 on crap.

I know the computer sends up silly subs and they arnt allowed to change. I am sure they have a great laugh to at it. lol The drivers have a laugh at it here too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->