Success stories please. UPDATE

troxxy

Reaction score
Went for my first ultrasound today, at what should be 7 weeks and 1 day. I've looked at other scans for 7 weeks to know what to expect, and when I went in the tech said that there was a gestational sac, although he couldn't tell if there was anything in it because it was 'fuzzy'
He said either I'm not as far along as I think, or there's just no baby. I looked at the screen and could have sworn I saw something in the sac, I just don't know :nope:
I'm so terrified of losing another baby. Has anyone had this same problem and gone on to have a successful pregnancy?

:hugs: not at 7 weeks, but my dd measured very behind until the 7th week. Honestly though the tech doesn't sound very good at all. I hope you can get another scan soon and hope all goes well!

That Tech doesn't sound very good from what you said. Can you get another scan and have things explained more clearly to you?

Was is vaginal or abdominal?

It was abdominal, although he made it sound like at this point with an abdominal he should have been able to see something

That Tech doesn't sound very good from what you said. Can you get another scan and have things explained more clearly to you?

He was so cold, he'd talk to me and then shut down saying he legally is telling me too much. I'm going to ask for another referral, I don't have a regular doctor though I went to a walk in so I'll have to go back there to talk to the doctor about the scans first and that takes 2-3 business days for him to even get them :/

:hugs: not at 7 weeks, but my dd measured very behind until the 7th week. Honestly though the tech doesn't sound very good at all. I hope you can get another scan soon and hope all goes well!

Were you able to see her by an abdominal scan?

Not sure why they do abdominal scans so early on. It makes women worried and stressed for no reason. At 7 weeks it should have been a transvaginal ultrasound done. I'm sure everything is fine and that it's just way too early for an abdominal scan to show anything.

I agree with canadianmom. Even if he thought he might see something with the abdominal, he should have switched if he was having trouble. Can't stand lazy unfeeling health professionals!"!

Was is vaginal or abdominal?

It was abdominal, although he made it sound like at this point with an abdominal he should have been able to see something

7 weeks is really early for an abdominal scan!
Is there any way you can get another scan, with a different tech or doctor?

He told me that he wouldn't be surprised to see me in there again for another scan, but since I don't have a full time doctor and I just went to a walk in I think I'm going to head to emergency and say I have a suspicion of miscarriage and hopefully they will give me an internal scan

Went for my scan today after visiting the ER, at first she tried abdominal and she couldn't quite get a good enough picture, although there was something there. Did an internal and here is my 'blighted ovum' heartbeat and all! Pushed back to 6 weeks 1 day but so so happy :cloud9:

Attachments

• booger6weeks1day.jpg
    booger6weeks1day.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 50
i had my first at 6 weeeks abdominal, but my baby is measuring big anyways, everyones different, dont compare ultrasounds trust me, mine looked bigger compared to most at 6 weeks, i would go somewhere else, know this sounds crazy but could go to th ER to see , good luck

Were you able to see her by an abdominal scan?

Just saw your update! Fantastic news! Mine were all vaginal until like 12 weeks, and even at 12 weeks they tried abdominal and had to switch to vaginal bc couldn't get a clear picture. Can't believe he didn't switch to vaginal!!! They made you worry for nothing!!!

Went for my scan today after visiting the ER, at first she tried abdominal and she couldn't quite get a good enough picture, although there was something there. Did an internal and here is my 'blighted ovum' heartbeat and all! Pushed back to 6 weeks 1 day but so so happy :cloud9:

So happy for you!!!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->