Success stories with Male Factor Infertility

I'm loving this thread, I'm going to go through and read the whole thing.

Would love more stories if anyone has some!

Great thread! I'm reading through this thread, currently about half way through! We have been TTC for about 2 years and 3 months now. We have been through fertility testing and the first SA came back low (10 million per ml). We are currently waiting on results for the second SA.

For what it's worth... I got married in June and my wife stopped taking birth control in late July and has been taking prenatal vitamins. But aside from that we've really not been trying all that much since I travel a lot. A few weeks ago I went to the urologist for some groin pain that turned out to just be a pulled muscle. But they did an ultrasound and diagnosed me with a vericocele. The Dr. recommended a SA. I got those results 2 weeks ago and they revealed 150mil concentration, 3ml, 39% motility, and .02 morphology. During the follow up visit to review the numbers the Dr. advised the morphology number is definitely low, but given the other numbers aren't all that bad we should be able to, it just may take some time. I was quite worried about the 2% morphology, to say the least. Then last night I got home from a business trip only to find out she's 5 weeks along. So, for those of you with low morphology issues, DON'T over-think it, and ENJOY the process of conceiving. That part has its fun moments so enjoy it, be patient, and it will happen. If not, there are LOTS of options and chances are heavily in your favor at conceiving.

Excellent, thank you for the information!

And congratulations! Best of luck to yall

For what it's worth... I got married in June and my wife stopped taking birth control in late July and has been taking prenatal vitamins. But aside from that we've really not been trying all that much since I travel a lot. A few weeks ago I went to the urologist for some groin pain that turned out to just be a pulled muscle. But they did an ultrasound and diagnosed me with a vericocele. The Dr. recommended a SA. I got those results 2 weeks ago and they revealed 150mil concentration, 3ml, 39% motility, and .02 morphology. During the follow up visit to review the numbers the Dr. advised the morphology number is definitely low, but given the other numbers aren't all that bad we should be able to, it just may take some time. I was quite worried about the 2% morphology, to say the least. Then last night I got home from a business trip only to find out she's 5 weeks along. So, for those of you with low morphology issues, DON'T over-think it, and ENJOY the process of
conceiving. That part has its fun moments so enjoy it, be patient, and it will happen. If not, there are LOTS of options and chances are heavily in your favor at conceiving.

Thank you so much for sharing your story and giving us all some hope!! Congratulations!

Hi everyone! I have a success story to share here...we were diagnosed with MFI in 2011 after having tried for 3 years by that point (we had also not prevented for the previous 5 yrs so it had been AWHILE). My DH had a varicocelectomy but that didn't do much to correct his counts or anything else noticeable. I can't' recall now what his counts were but they were around 1 million - 10million each time.

We tried for another 2 years and did 4 IUIs during that time (all failed). Finally in 2013 (Aug.) we went for IVF w/ ICSI. We ended up with 5 embryos fertilizing successfully and 3 ultimately survived the 5 day wait. We transferred one and froze two. That cycle was successful and we had a daughter in April 2014. We went back for a FET two years later in Oct. 2015 and used one of the two frozen embryos (both were graded very well but the one we used had made it to day 6 and was hatching). I got pregnant from that cycle as well and gave birth to a boy in June 2016. We've got the last embryo still frozen and think that maybe we will give it another shot next year (although I feel so lucky to have the two that we do have, and feel it would be quite a miracle to have a 3rd).

I always took so much hope from success stories when we were struggling so I wanted to add mine after all these years. I'm so hopeful for you all!! <3

Hi everyone! I have a success story to share here...we were diagnosed with MFI in 2011 after having tried for 3 years by that point (we had also not prevented for the previous 5 yrs so it had been AWHILE). My DH had a varicocelectomy but that didn't do much to correct his counts or anything else noticeable. I can't' recall now what his counts were but they were around 1 million - 10million each time.

We tried for another 2 years and did 4 IUIs during that time (all failed). Finally in 2013 (Aug.) we went for IVF w/ ICSI. We ended up with 5 embryos fertilizing successfully and 3 ultimately survived the 5 day wait. We transferred one and froze two. That cycle was successful and we had a daughter in April 2014. We went back for a FET two years later in Oct. 2015 and used one of the two frozen embryos (both were graded very well but the one we used had made it to day 6 and was hatching). I got pregnant from that cycle as well and gave birth to a boy in June 2016. We've got the last embryo still frozen and think that maybe we will give it another shot next year (although I feel so lucky to have the two that we do have, and feel it would be quite a miracle to have a 3rd).

I always took so much hope from success stories when we were struggling so I wanted to add mine after all these years. I'm so hopeful for you all!! <3

Congratulations! I loved reading your story. My DH and I have been trying for almost 3 years and found out fall of 2015 that he has a severe morphology issue. We have since adopted a baby girl but are now wondering which route to take for baby #2. We cannot afford to adopt again (unless it's from the foster care system) and are not sure that we can afford IVF. We've only heard horror stories from couples who tried IVF and were unsuccessful after spending 25k. I'm not even sure that I could talk my DH into it since he's so worried about putting me through the process. We recently started donor sperm due to it being less expensive and less invasive to my body, but IVF is still in the back of my mind (especially with 3 failed cycles of donor sperm so far). Do you mind sharing how much your IVF experience was? If it's too personal, I understand.

No worries at all, I don't consider it to be too personal. :)

We didn't have any insurance coverage for IVF and we were able to do the first cycle for about 15K total. 11K was the procedure (with ICSI) and the meds were like 4K. I did a loan thru Springstone for the 11K (they won't let you finance the medicine for whatever reason) and my loan payments are pretty low (less than my car pmt). For some, this is not a realistic solution but for us it worked well. :) That's so exciting that you've adopted a daughter...congrats!!

Thank you so much for that information! The loan definitely seems like a good option so thank you for including that. Our insurance does not cover IVF either.

I'm so happy to hear that your IVF w/ ICSI was successful both times! I hope that your third try will be just as smooth for you!

Just wanted to share my success story and give some hope to all of those still struggling. I got my first ever BFP yesterday after TTC for almost 3 years with a severe sperm morphology issue. This past November we decided to start using donor sperm as it is less expensive and seemed like an easier route to conceiving baby #2 (baby #1 is adopted and turns 1 this month). We started out with two cycles of frozen DS, and I was feeling discouraged because the viability window is so short for frozen sperm. So after two unsuccessful cycles of that, I set out to find some fresh DS. One of my close male friends offered, but my DH wasn't comfortable using someone we know, so I joined a donor site online and found a really great donor. We had planned to get two donations per cycle but only ended up getting one the first month, and I was super grossed out by it. We had decided to keep it anonymous and have him leave the donation in our hotel room...I think this is what made me uncomfortable. The second cycle, I decided to meet him to pick up the donation. Once I saw that he was a nice, genuine guy looking to help us, it set my mind at ease and I wasn't grossed out. I ended up getting two donations the second cycle, and even though I thought I lost most of the donation while doing the insemination, turns out it worked! We were so shocked (and still are)! Crazy to think that we tried and tried for dozens of cycles with no success, and all it took was two cycles with the fresh stuff from a donor. It's amazing that they're are such selfless people out there who are willing to help couples like us conceive a child.

Loving reading success stories here! Following for more, and hopefully will add mine in the future!

Congratulations WayPastReady!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->