Success with 3 day transfer?

Littlegreen

Reaction score
I had EC yesterday in which seven eggs were collected, four were mature and only two survived ICSI. I am booked in for a 3 day transfer. This is my third round, I've only ever had blastocysts transferred so it's all very new for me.

Does any one have any words of wisdom/success stories to keep me going?? Up until now I was absolutely fine. I don't know if it's all the hormones in my system, but I am now completely freaking out. I feel like it's all over as I've previously always been told blasto implantation is the best thing to do.

I've gone through the Successes thread but keep getting disheartened by the number of eggs people had.

Thank you.

Littlegreen - I don't have any success story for you but want you to know I am in exactly the same position as you but a week or so ahead. We had 7 collected and only 4 mature. Then we only had 2 which fertilized normally and they were the two that were transferred on Day 3 - last Sunday. Wishing and praying for you that you get your miracle. Trust me I felt completely downhearted but we can only work with what we are given and leave the rest up to whatever happens. Xoxo

Oh wow, you really are in exactly the same boat as me! Even down to the male factor (although OH's varicocele op was cancelled when they couldn't get through one of the veins).

Wishing you the best of luck on your two! I keep reading that the embies are better in (us) that out (trying to ignore all other reports on 3D vs 5D). I have zero confidence in my clinic so this is one huge plus! I have my fingers crossed for you! xx

Hello ladies, don't give up hope! I had 5 eggs collected, 4 were mature, 3 fertilised (icsi) and 2 were transferred on day 3. The third didn't make it to be able to be frozen. The result is a bouncy gorgeous 2.5year old daughter! Wishing you both the best of luck :) xx

Thank you Toch! Much needed boost. Am sure your little one is an absolute treasure!

Littlegreen - I heard the same thing and our embryologist basically said these are the two that are going to make it to Day 5 (or not) so better to put them in and have them in their natural environment. Fingers crossed! I can't believe how similar our situations are! My DH had a varicocele op when he was a teenager as well, so likely he has never had good sperm. Luckily in the sample that he gave, the portion they used for ICSI had 80% motility which is way higher than his numbers have ever been. Overall it was only 55% but out of the part they actually used the motility was higher. Seriously wishing you all the baby dust in the world!

Hi,
I have high FSH at 38 so only had a very small number of eggs collected.
6 on my first round, and four on both second and third time.
With the smaller quantity of eggs I always had a two day transfer with the two best eggs. Needless to say I'm expecting any day now on the third attempt so yes a three day transfer is definitely ok. I always got worked up about not getting to blast etc... But as the clinic kept telling me they are best in their natural environment I.e you rather than in the lab.
Good luck hope it works for you......

Thank you for the success stories! Congratulations to both of you!!

Psalm, those sperm results sound great! For our last round they could only find six sperm. Didn't matter in the end as I had six eggs! His sperm issues are from teen years too.

When is your test date? X

Hi,
I have high FSH at 38 so only had a very small number of eggs collected.
6 on my first round, and four on both second and third time.
With the smaller quantity of eggs I always had a two day transfer with the two best eggs. Needless to say I'm expecting any day now on the third attempt so yes a three day transfer is definitely ok. I always got worked up about not getting to blast etc... But as the clinic kept telling me they are best in their natural environment I.e you rather than in the lab.
Good luck hope it works for you......

I am sorry to completely gate crash this thread but I am intrigued.
Sophie you are one of the first people I have seen to get pregnant with a high FSH. After a recent 3rd failed cycle I am looking at donor eggs. Can I ask what cycle you did to get your BFP?

:flower:

Psalm, those sperm results sound great! For our last round they could only find six sperm. Didn't matter in the end as I had six eggs! His sperm issues are from teen years too.

OTD is Thursday - 30th July. I am just sitting here :coffee: and trying to find ways to pass the time. Best of luck tomorrow.

Sophie - Thank you for the hope! Hope all goes well for the birth of your little one.

Pinkie - I have seen your story on other threads and just wanting to say I am thinking of you. Hope that you get your rainbow!

Hi Pinkie,
Well my FSH was 12 so for my age of 38 they said that was high. I believe they like the levels under 10.
Well I tried all sorts. I did accupuncture, took royal jelly and also wheatgrass. On the third cycle though I ordered some DHEA which came from the states. Cant be sure but on this third cycle all Four eggs fertilised which never happened before and even though they still did a two day transfer as they said they knew the best two, one also made it to freeze, so I cant help thinking that the DHEA made a part but who knows???
I was willing to try anything!!!

OTD is Thursday - 30th July. I am just sitting here :coffee: and trying to find ways to pass the time. Best of luck tomorrow.

Sophie - Thank you for the hope! Hope all goes well for the birth of your little one.

Pinkie - I have seen your story on other threads and just wanting to say I am thinking of you. Hope that you get your rainbow!

Thank you for your thoughts. We just have to keep going.

Good luck for Thursday, hope you get your rainbow too :flower:

Hi Pinkie,
Well my FSH was 12 so for my age of 38 they said that was high. I believe they like the levels under 10.
Well I tried all sorts. I did accupuncture, took royal jelly and also wheatgrass. On the third cycle though I ordered some DHEA which came from the states. Cant be sure but on this third cycle all Four eggs fertilised which never happened before and even though they still did a two day transfer as they said they knew the best two, one also made it to freeze, so I cant help thinking that the DHEA made a part but who knows???
I was willing to try anything!!!

Thanks for sharing your story. I had a FSH of 14 but that was 3 years ago. I've tried pretty much everything inc acupuncture, long and short protocol but not DHEA. On my last cycle I struggled to respond and I only got one egg which is why we're looking at donor eggs. Sadly I've lost faith in my own.

Really pleased it worked out for you and good luck with the birth :flower:

How are you feeling, Psalm? Not long to go until test time!

I had my transfer on Monday. 1 x 8 cell, 1 x 6 cell. One day in and I'm driving myself crazy!!!

Congrats on getting through the transfer! Now the waiting starts. Was thinking of you yesterday. Sending you lots of baby dust.

These last couple of days are really dragging. I just want to know! Hoping and praying it's a positive result. That's all we can really do. Will check back in after testing.

Xoxo

Hi ladies

Just wanted to let you know, that we had ivf jan/Feb. I had 8 eggs collected, 7 mature, 3 died when injecting them (icsi) 2 did not fertilise correctly. So had 2 left which they said to go in for 2 day transfer. On that morning we were told 1 had died overnight so was only left with 1!

I truly thought I was out and was the point! I had spotting in the 2ww and Deffo thought it hadn't worked.

Here I am 27 weeks 5 days pregnant with the 1 survivor who is a little princess.

Don't give up hope and I wish you all good luck and hope you get your bfp soon xx

Congratulations Kaye and thank you for your story! This TWW is killing me.

Psalm, hope you are okay. Not long now!!

Thanks Kaye! Not sure if you remember me from the Oct/Nov 2014 thread? So glad you got your wish!!

AFM - unfortunately just got the call and it was BFN. I had suspected it from about Tuesday onwards but still held out some hope. Now we have some talking to do to see what to do next.

Sending you all the luck in the world xoxo

Oh psalm, I'm so sorry. I hope you have a chance to take some time and take care of yourself. Xx

Thank you hun. It's onwards and upwards. Will go to the WTF appointment with the Dr. and see what she has to say. I am not defeated yet.

Keep me posted on your progress lovely :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->