Sudden bedwetting

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
My dd is 4 and hasn't wet the bed since potty training at 2 - even then was only a couple of times. She's now for the past week wet the bed every night? Since December shes been seeing a paediatrician for urinary infections and we are still waiting for her kidney/urinary tract ultrasound results (from 3 weeks ago grr!) so it could be related to that.

I'm just wondering if it's a normal thing children go through and her infections are a coincidence? If it is, how do we help her?

The first question I was going to ask is if she might have a urinary track infection or if she has been ill recently. It sounds quite likely it is related. Our DD who is 4 wets the bed occasionally but only if she is ill or been under stress.

She's had urine infections since she was around 2.5. They were becoming more frequent so that's why they decided to scan here but even with that she's not wet the bed. It's just strange she's done it every night for a week all of a sudden?

Has there been any changes in routine like drinking before going to bed or going to bed without going to the bathroom first?

Nope, we have the same routine every night. They have dinner at 4 (as we pick my husband up from work) then have supper at 6:30 (slice of toast/crackers and a little drink. She goes to the bathroom and does her teeth at 7:30 then goes to bed. Has been her routine for over a year and a half.

Anything new or stressful going on in her life?

Not that I can think of. She's settled in nursery, just had her review and they didn't identify any issues. Maybe the hospital visits about the urine infections have stressed her more than I thought?

Maybe that's it. Sometimes they dont show they are stressed at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->