Suddenly anxious

EmmySocks

Reaction score
I feel like i've had quite a smooth pregnancy so far. Been really excited and just been hanging out here in the background. I'm nearly 17 weeks and everything looked good at my 12 week scan but i feel like that was so long ago.. the last few days i've felt really anxious that something is wrong. Now it takes the tiniest of twinges and i feel sick, hot and my heart races. I can control it and calm myself down but i can't reassure myself enough. My midwife seems quite unsympathetic (i phoned at only a few weeks to ask about pain from bedding in and she basically dismissed me) but i've got an appointment later this week- i'll talk to her but worried she'll just tell me i'm just having a panic attack which i know. I'd had little flutters before and really thought i'd felt baby move last week but haven't felt anything since - maybe i was wrong - but worried it might have stopped moving. I have my 20 week scan christmas eve and now i'm worried that if there's something wrong i'm not going to find out until then. Wow sorry. Feel like i just needed to write it all down. But if anyone else does the same or can offer any ideas how to feel better would love to hear xxx

I know how you feel! I walked into my 20 week scan yesterday so scared, but the little guy was doing great! I think its completely normal to worry. I try to take my mind off it by doing other things, like reading or watching television, or playing games on my laptop, but honestly the worry is constant.

He measured in the 50th percentile, which is average, and now I'm worried that he's not growing enough because both BF and I are tall and were big babies. Nevermind that his sister is only 5 feet and her babies have been on the small side, nope, something must be wrong. So I definitely have my moments too. It gets easier for about a week after each appointment, and then the anxiousness builds back up. I think it'll be easier once we can see them every day, but until then, I just try to keep my mind busy. Sorry that this wasn't too helpful! :hugs:

Besides booking a private scan for reassurance, all you can do is keep calm and have faith. It's very uncommon for anything to go wrong at this stage in your pregnancy. If this is your first baby, you're right on the edge of being able to feel real movement. With my son, I knew it was definitely him moving around 18-19 weeks. Pregnancy is full of fears and uncertainty but a little positive thinking goes a long way. :)

Yeah first baby :) its difficult suddenly feeling so normal. At least before i was sick every day and that sort of reassured me that it was still ok! I really need to feel it move now just to reassure me a bit. Other than looking a bit round in the belly i dont really have anything to let me know i'm pregnant. Glad to hear others with similar feelings though xxx

It can be hard but try to distract yourself with other things. :) Perhaps with setting up a nursery or picking out things for your baby. A good book even! I remember with my first I was delighted when I could feel him and then halfway through third trimester I was so done. I wanted him out! :rofl:

Midwife appointment went well i think :D she was nice and quite supportive about me being a bit anxious. She agreed to try to find the heart beat, which she found quickly and very clear :D soo happy - definitely reassured me a bit :D

Just trying to enjoy feeling ok and make the most of having a beautiful mini-bump at the moment. thanks everyone xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->