Suddenly more clumsy?

cat_reversing

Mummy to beautiful V
Reaction score
DD is very nearly 4 but since she started nursery she seems much more accident prone. She was going to preschool for 2 terms before nursery but was ok there.

Since starting in September she's fallen over on the way back from nursery and cut just above her lip, a 1cm cut. She slid off the sofa and banged her head on the coffee table which left her with another 1cm cut. She banged her head on the railings at school. She cut her finger yesterday on the shower door and kind of twisted her knee jumping on the bed tonight!

We all get cuts and scrapes and have the scars to prove it but it seems to be all of a sudden. Maybe it's just that there's a lot going on, she gets so distracted by things and that she's more physical in school, preschool had very small outside space, although all the things I've mentioned happened outside of school time.

Anyone else?

Has she had a growth spurt recently? I posted about my dd being very clumsy when she hit 2 and got loads of replies abou5 growth spurts. They suddenly find it different to use their now longer arms and legs so can be quite clumsy and fall over a lot. My dd gave herself some sore ones but it soon stopped and she went back to her usual self quite quickly. Maybe read up on it and see if that could be it? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->