Suddenly nauseaus after eating... not MS?

Bbari2018

Reaction score
I had morning sickness only during my 5th week of pregnancy. Fast forward to this week, my 9th week, and on top of horrible acid reflux, I get sick every time I eat something. Yesterday I vomited every meal, and before I fell asleep, had sharp pains in my stomach (not down below, thank god).

This feels completely different than the morning sickness I had earlier. At that time, I had to eat constantly, but now eating makes me sick and sad.

I have an appointment with my OB on Friday, so I was going to wait to contact him til then... but til then, i was wondering if anyone has had any similar events? Should I be worried?

I haven't personally experienced this but a few things come to mind:

A stomach virus of sorts

Or possibly you just have too much stomach acid and need to neutralize it. Tums are generally safe for pregnancy (but always consult your doctor or midwife). Maybe try something like that before you eat. Then eat something very small and bland, like rice, bread, or a banana. Nothing with a lot of fiber or difficult to digest foods. No greasy, spicy, or seasoned foods that may make the acid worse. If at dinner, make sure you sit upright for a couple hours before lying down.

I think you were right about the virus. I must have eaten something bad, as I was able to keep things down the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->