Sufferers with IBS and fasting HELPPP!!!

J

jasmine101010

Hey mums this is prob not teh best forum to be speaking with about this but who suffers with sever IBS?

I have been a sufferer of IBS for many years but i think no one close to me knows the severity of it. I cant help but get upset or sad which is a trigger for it and also when we eat as a family mostly they make spicy food or i whave to cook the food spicy then this is another trigger for it. Please mums I need a bit of advice about this.

As i am Muslim I am fasting for Ramadan for the whole month and this is not helping my stomach. I went to the doctors this morning to ask for help and he was just like 'well its the consequence you have to take for fasting'. This was NO HELP WHATSOEVER and felt upset.

Please mums help me with this

hi, i have had IBS since i was 11, im now 26 and from maybe 22 ish it had been under great control, but since having the baby and having bad diarrhea in hospital it has started the awful cycle of constipation follwed by diarrhea. its the stomach cramps too, they are agony at times. i totally understand how it makes you sad. i had years of it controlling my life, making me not want to go out places in case it started. i ate alot of spicy food in pregnancy and this didnt really bother my IBS, but since its triggered off again since birth, spicy food has started being a problem. what are your main IBS symtoms? because everyone is different. for me if diarrhea was the problem i would go on antispasmodics, you can buy buscopan over the counter. or if like now its a cycle of constipationa nd then diarrhea then im now trying to get more fruit and veg in my diet to combat the constipation before it triggers the cramps for diarrhea. it can be really depressing i know. xxx

My symptons are very bad constipation, following bad diarrhea, severe abdominal pain that i sometime while standing i lift one leg up, dunno how that soothes me but it does sometimes and also the poison like vomitting.

sometime i just cry because its taking over my life and i just wish I was normal and to feel that normal feeling of not having pain.

The abdominal pain really starts bad when i am upset, angry or anxious

i have suffered with IBS for the past 10 yrs and now pregnant with my first it has gotten a little worse. before becoming pregnant i was on a low dose of anti-anxiety meds and antispasmadics and had it under control. i used to be addicted to imodium bc it was the only thing that helped me lead a normal life.

i know mine is mostly mind over matter. i start getting nervous every time i have to leave the house either to go to work, shopping, dinner anywhere.

just know that you are definitely not alone. i am petrified of the idea of having my baby in the car or out shopping and having an attack. you can maybe try some form of meditation to relax your stomach muscles? hope you start feeling better!

Peppermint, Ginger or Fennel tea all help if you are allowed this

I'm also suffering from IBS & fasting :(

Avoid juices, drink 1-2 classes of warm water when you break your fast with 1-3 dates, then start with a soup. Drink water throughout the evening, & dont drink cold water. Camomile also helps. Dont eat a big meal at Iftar, eat something light, & after 2-3 hours eat something. Avoid caffiene, sweets & spicy food. buscopan helps in easing the pain.

It's not easy, esp while fasting. Good luck hun, it's 12 days to go. xx

Thanks mums for all your advice much appreciated especially now I had a talk to people who actually understands the condition and knows how i feel:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->