Sugar in urine

Sovereign

Reaction score
I was in hospital a couple of weeks ago with a kidney infection. Went to drs yesterday to check everything had cleared up and there was sugar in my urine. Dr says I need to be tested again next week. Is this anything to worry about? Thanks

I don't know anything about sugar in urine.
Didn't want to read and run.
Hope everything's okay.

:hugs:

Probably not. I've always had sugar in my urine ever since I've been pregnant yet all the tests for diabetes etc. have come back clear. My MW said that it's just how some women get rid of the excess sugar. Don't worry about it, I'm sure everything's fine. :)

Ive always got sugar in my urine. It happens to people whether they are diabetic or not, if you eat something high in sugar it show sugar in the urine for days.

Doctors just have to follow a protocal though :D

I dont think its a bad thing. At my MW appt when i had sugar in my urine she asked if i had been eating anything sugary, which the night before i ate lots of sweets washed down with coke :D So it showed up in my wee! lol Good your doctor is checking just to be sure though

xx

I had it in mine practically everytime I had it checked - I did develop a sweet tooth though! If its trace or below a certain amount its nothing to worry about.

It's fine hun. As the others - I've had this, but all blood tests have come back negative. So it's nothing to worry about.:hug:

Have you been eating sugar puffs for brekkie???:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->