Sugar Sugar Sugar?? advice please

if im still sugar mad when I go to the midwife in a few weeks im going to mention it to her. its not really a craving you see I just love the taste of the sweetness and it makes me feel so much better, but Im not having to go out to the shops to desperately buy chocolate lol x

i'm exactly the same! i have a huge sweet tooth as it is, but it's just getting worse. even they "healthy" food i eat is full of sugar, like fruit. i'm starting to worry though b/c i went for my 20 week scan last week and they said my baby is large and are sending me for a glucose test tomorrow to rule out GD. i'm hoping i didnt bring this on myself with all the sugars i've been eating :cry:

I asked my doctor about it and he said that what you eat during pregnancy has nothing to do with getting gestational diabetes. gestational diabetes is caused by the placenta. You can have other risk factors and having a big baby could be a sign of it, but eating sugar while pregnant does not CAUSE it.

Of course eating lots of sugar is really not healthy and if we fill up on it instead of healthy food it's not good. I know, easier said than done. :)

Last pregnancy I REALLY craved sugar and I didn't have GD.

Thank goodness for that because all I can really stomach is sugar either in cakes, yoghurt or fruit, jam, chocolate spread etc

I thort my sugar cravings were bad....i loved jazzles before pregnancy...(the round chocolate things with 100s and 1000s on them you get in pic n mix) i ate abt 7 medium sized white choc ones the other day n felt sick so maybe my sugar cravings have improved since pregnancy! Lol i do have my days tho when i feel like ive eaten too much sugary treats for my liking...

I'm definitely eating more sugar than I used to, especially minty sweets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->