Suggestions for a double pump?

MindUtopia

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a double electric pump. I had a single Medela pump last time and I didn't really love it, so if I'm going to invest in a double pump, I'd like to try something else.

I have my eye on the Lansinoh 2 in 1 and the Ameda Lactaline. Anyone who has used either of these two have an advice on them? What you liked or didn't like?

I should add that I anticipate that I may end up exclusively pumping after a point so I'm looking for something that can handle that well and not break. I'd also like something that is a closed system. I know the Ameda is, but I'm not sure about the Lansinoh. Are there others? Price is also a factor, nothing too ridiculously expensive.

I love my ameda lactaline, it's a closed system and really efficient. I've pumped up to 6oz on one side in 10-15 minutes. No experience with the lansinoh! Although, the lactaline isn't the quietest, but it also isn't unbearably loud:)
I got my lactaline on amazon when it was a reduced price and with an extra 15 pounds off, so can be picked up for a good price!

I'm not familiar with the Lactiline, but I have an Ameda Purely Yours (they look VERY similar) and I like it, it is a closed system and works fairly well - BUT I'm not sure it would be sufficient for an EP situation. The Lansinoh is not going to be as strong, from what I have read.

I personally would recommend a hospital grade pump if you see yourself exclusively pumping, like the Spectra S1 or S2, I'm planning to get an S2 with my insurance. Medela has a new one out, but it is pricey. Hygenia makes one, but it is not a strong as the Spectra.

I'm not familiar with the Lactiline, but I have an Ameda Purely Yours (they look VERY similar) and I like it, it is a closed system and works fairly well - BUT I'm not sure it would be sufficient for an EP situation. The Lansinoh is not going to be as strong, from what I have read.

I personally would recommend a hospital grade pump if you see yourself exclusively pumping, like the Spectra S1 or S2, I'm planning to get an S2 with my insurance. Medela has a new one out, but it is pricey. Hygenia makes one, but it is not a strong as the Spectra.

Thanks! Yes, I think they are the same, just slightly different branding for the UK and U.S. markets. Unfortunately, we don't get insurance coverage for them here (because we get everything else for free, so a breast pump is considered a bit of a luxury item so you just buy them, though you can get them to use for short periods of time for free on loan if you have a medical reason). I don't necessarily plan to EP, but I did for a month with my daughter so I want to at least be open to the idea that I might again, which is why I want a double pump and one that won't break if I'm using it regularly.

Thanks! Yes, I think they are the same, just slightly different branding for the UK and U.S. markets. Unfortunately, we don't get insurance coverage for them here (because we get everything else for free, so a breast pump is considered a bit of a luxury item so you just buy them, though you can get them to use for short periods of time for free on loan if you have a medical reason). I don't necessarily plan to EP, but I did for a month with my daughter so I want to at least be open to the idea that I might again, which is why I want a double pump and one that won't break if I'm using it regularly.

I attend a breastfeeding support group and we just had our monthly pump class (first one) and they stressed the importance of a very high quality pump if you even might be EP, as there is a big difference between full time pumping at work but nursing all night (which the Ameda is sufficient for) and EP, for which the really recommend a hospital grade pump with sufficient suction. But I know the market is different in the UK, so things may just be different.

Love the Spectra 2 and they say it's hospital grade. I got this free through insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->