Suggestions for the highly trained NHS!

jackie132

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

3 five week miscarriages...all standard tests done by the consultant. All fine with hubby and myself. 2 weeks ago got my BFP, tues the clearblue digi said preg 1-2 thurs and fri both said not pregnant. No blood loss or pain but to be honest I have been brown bleding for 2 weeks and that only stopped thursday. So resigned to another MC.

Im not buying the bad luck crap anymore. Seriously, I ha ve a degree in biology I surely cant be tht unlucky. I have asked for progesterone testing, they say no. I need some hope pls I cant take much more, I feel seriously depressed no exageration here I cant take much more. What can I do. I take b6 echineachea vit c folic acid and my thyroxine medicine. I also when bfp take baby aspirin and natpro cream. Can the dr do anymore?

Pls help me

I know it might be pricey but is it possible you could look into some private tests? You could save up whilst looking around and doing research. If your that upset it might give you something to hope for, something to hold on to.

If not keep on at the NHS they usually relent if you ask so much the doc might just give in and give you all the tests you want/need. Good luck! i hope you find some answers. And im sorry you have had to go through this so many times. xx

Hi Jackie, :hugs: sorry you are going through this, this site is a great place to get support.

Can you get a second opinion from another doctor, they should offer further investigation for you. Or get a referal to a recurrent miscarriage clinic.

There is a thread in the miscarriage forum for recurrent mc, it could be a good idea to post your questions there.

Hi Jackie

how long have you been TTC for? I went to a talk last weekend in London at a fertility show and there was a Doctor there from one of the London hospitals - he talked about how you find out what the eligibility criteria is for your local NHS fertility clinic

Apparently if you put the postcode of your GP surgery into google and follow it with "PCT" then it will tell you which Primary Care Trust you come under. You then go into whichever is your Primary Care Trust website and you should be able to find out on there which fertility clinic you come under. Then you can email your fertility clinic and they will be able to tell you what their eligibility criteria is.

My local one you have to have been TTC for at least a year. When I went to see my Doctor a few months ago he said you have to have been trying for 18 months but now I know that's not the case I'm going to go back and ask him again (this is now our 11th month)

After 3 m/cs they should refer you, that seems unfair not to. One of my friends had 3 m/cs all around 6-7 weeks and in the end they found out she had fibroids. She had the fibroids removed and then went on to have her beautiful baby girl.

Good luck xx

I've had 2 chemical pregnancy (early miscarriages) and have been referred. You should be referred to a recurrent miscarriage clinic x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->