Suggestions? I don't want to wean!

Madilyn68

Reaction score
I'm having a really tough time here. When I had my little girl Otti, I was SO determined to breastfeed her till she was a year old, at which point I would be heading back to work anyway. Almost 10 months later, though, reality kicks in. My job where I worked was no longer available (they were forced to cut way back), so I had to apply for a job at a different location (not a big deal, it's still the US Forest Service, just different location). BUT there's no guarantee they will have a spot for me either. When I heard that I couldn't decide if I wanted to keep breastfeeding her even longer than a year, if I wasn't going to be able to work the summer. I don't have the option to pump at work - we are gone around 85 days out of the summer anywhere in the US, could be spiking out in the middle of nowhere working 16 hour days. So it's just not a reality for me.
ANOTHER thing is she has four full-fledged teeth now, and she'll sometimes fall asleep and clamp down in her sleep. It HURTS :nope: I've taught her not to bite on purpose but she does it once she falls asleep... :shrug::shrug:
I know it's not a good habit but I still feed her to sleep every night and a lot of her naps. I feel confident that I could get her off nursing to sleep during the day, but I don't know how I could end that at night without her being up for hours screaming.
She has a very healthy solids appetite, but she definitely loves her boobs.
I'm just kinda at a loss of what to do. I want to do what is absolutely best for her, but as little as she drink, she just loves nursing so I don't think she would ever self-wean. And she would never take a binki. If I do get rehired I'd go back around the 1st of June... which is coming up quick if I need to figure out a plan for weaning.

Try posting this in the breastfeeding section, it may get a better response :flower:

I think the title of this section is the British version of weaning, i.e. starting solids rather than the American meaning of weaning off milk. As pp says you'd get a better response in the breastfeeding section

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->