Summer '14 TTC girls?

Springermommy

Reaction score
Thought it would be fun to ban together and gab until the time comes! :flower:

Hi there! We are thinking of TTC next spring or summer. Would love to chat the time away :)

That's awesome!! Any particular reason for timing it for then?

Well I have a 13 month old daughter who is still breastfeeding a lot so I want to make sure she has plenty of time to nurse before I get pregnant again (although if she doesn't wean herself by then I'll just continue nursing while I'm pregnant if I can). My cycles haven't even started back yet. I also have some annoying health issues that came up after her birth that I'd like to get sorted out. Also my daughter was premature so hopefully spacing out the pregnancies will hopefully increase the chance that the next one will be on time (I'd love a home birth). Sorry for writing a novel haha. What are your reasons for waiting?

It's ok! I hope your health issues can get sorted out and everything works out for you!
I want to start trying in August '14 for a summer '15 baby. In summer '15, I'll basically be done with my Masters except for 2 online classes. Can't wait! We will be trying for our first.
Do you want a boy or girl?
He wants a boy first, I want a girl. We sort of joke about having twins, 1 of each. I would be happy about that... lol

Thanks! That's great that you'll be finishing your masters in a couple years. What are you studying? I was in a grad program for math but ended up leaving because I didn't like the program. Now I want to do something in the childbirth field so it worked out for the best. That would be awesome if you had twins! I always thought having a boy and girl set of twins would be so cute although now that I have one baby, I can't imagine taking care of two at the same time lol. We don't really have a preference for the sex. I would love one of each eventually but I do think it would be cute if the next one was another little girl :)

Masters in Social Work :)
I work at a state psych hosp and I'm interning in their SW dept starting this fall, so hoping I can just transition into a job there!
Think you'd want to be a midwife?

Me :) (hopefully),we have been waiting a few years and for everything to fall into place and be how we want it to be/perfect, but they haven't. We're sick of waiting and putting it off so we're trying next summer for a spring baby.

I always like the idea of a spring baby, with easter and all the bunnies and chicks, new baby animals at the zoo and all the yellow and green displays in the shops. ( we thought it would be fitting since we aren't planning on finding out the sex) also, it's always been a better time of year financially, no birthdays, not to close to saving for xmas or recovering from xmas. Not too hot and not too cold, so hopefully a comfortable month to be waddling around and be able to get out of the house(even in the garden) when baby arrives....grr i want to try now...

Masters in Social Work :)
I work at a state psych hosp and I'm interning in their SW dept starting this fall, so hoping I can just transition into a job there!
Think you'd want to be a midwife?

Yes, I would eventually love to be a midwife. I'm planning on getting certified to be a childbirth educator and doula and skiing that while I have young kids, and then I hope to start training to be a midwife. That'd be great if you could get a job where you are interning!

Me :) (hopefully),we have been waiting a few years and for everything to fall into place and be how we want it to be/perfect, but they haven't. We're sick of waiting and putting it off so we're trying next summer for a spring baby.

I always like the idea of a spring baby, with easter and all the bunnies and chicks, new baby animals at the zoo and all the yellow and green displays in the shops. ( we thought it would be fitting since we aren't planning on finding out the sex) also, it's always been a better time of year financially, no birthdays, not to close to saving for xmas or recovering from xmas. Not too hot and not too cold, so hopefully a comfortable month to be waddling around and be able to get out of the house(even in the garden) when baby arrives....grr i want to try now...

Spring babies are great (I may be a little biased though... My daughter was born in April!) But I can see the good/ bad of having a baby anytime of the year. Like you said there really is never a perfect time to have a baby but after you have him/her it certainly feels perfect!!

Yay! Up to 3 ladies now!
When you think about it a year does go fast... Hope it does!

Summer here! We're hoping June, but depending on what the military wants it may turn into July or end up earlier in May. But June is our official goal.

That'd be me! I had my boy a month early in September 2012. I really would like a girl next time!! I'd also like to have Thorrin almost weaned and maybe potty trained. I've also hear 2.5 years is a good difference. I'd probably start trying in march. Maybe start with a relaxed not really tryig approach and just dtd when we want. If not pregnant by may or June kick things up a notch.
I'd rather keep things low key though.

I know what you mean. I don't want TTC to get too stressful. It should be fun! :)

Me!! I think that we will be ready spring - summer next year. We are getting married in September and we want to have our money in order (not that I wouldn't try now, if I was told I could!) and have some time just being married before we start trying for a baby!

hi there I will be ttc from may 2014 and will take a break in from sep/nov because don't want a summer baby would rather have a spring baby or autumn/winter. i agree spring would be nice because its not too cold or too warm and everything is fresh and new. easter is lovely time of year. is anyone on the pill? if so are you coming off early? i will be coming off early to get my periods regular but just be careful.

We are TTC in August '14. I'm on the ring and will be taking out my last one in late May so I can track for a couple of months. :)

I'll join you ladies. We arent officially decided on when we are ttc #2, but we've always said when LO is 1.5 or 2 would be nice timing. LO will be 1 in August, so there you go! We also Bf and plan to continue to 1year for sure but I'm still planning to offer the breast for naps, bed, etc after, until she's ready to stop. I'm on the mini pill and between that a d the bf, I have not gotten back to my regular cycles. 2 AF since LO was born! I'll probably go off the pill a few months before we start trying. We were planing on NTNP with the first but I got preg right away. Hopefully that happens again! Haha!

:hi: can I join? :lol:. Will hopefully be TTC from September next year but may be a little sooner but definitely by September at the latest :). We were TTC for 8 months till recently but OH decided he wasn't quite ready and wants us to have a year debt free just enjoying life first. So here we are WTT! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->