Summer holiday

Celesse

Reaction score
What is everyone planning to do about their Summer Holiday next year, given we will all be very pregnant or have newborns?

Missing holidays wouldn't be fair on my children. We are planning a camping trip to Cornwall for a couple of weeks. We can either go in May when I'm 32/33 weeks pregnant, or June when I'll be 35/36 weeks pregnant. Can't go when I'm 34 weeks pregnant as that's half term and the prices are waaaayyy higher. Weather should be better in June and the outdoor pool will be open, but I'll be a little less pregnant and more mobile in May and it will be a bit easier to put up the tent.

We might also go away towards the end of August when baby is 2 months old, depending on how good they are. I'm assuming I'd just co-sleep with baby away from the rest of the family in the smaller bedroom of the tent to keep it safe.

What's everyone else planning on doing?

I was meant to be going to my parents time share in May. I last went two years ago when my son was 6 months and it was boiling hot. I'll be around 30 weeks and I don't think I fancy a 5 hour flight. I guess I'm lucky in that my son doesn't understand summer holidays yet so won't know any different. He can make do with sharing a paddling pool with me!

I'm going to Northern Ireland in January to see my OH's parents and we'll be telling them I'm pregnant while we're there. I'll be about 12 weeks so I'm classing that as my holiday for the year!

We were talking about this too... We thought we might go away feb/march/April time, but then, we aren't ruled by school holidays (yet!) and we're not sun seekers either. My thinking is just that I don't want to be uncomfortable for travelling and I don't want to risk going into labour while we are away! X

We are thinking of going away in April/May. Probably just a beach holiday so nothing too strenuous and hopefully no more than a couple of hours flight. When I was 18 weeks pregnant with DS, it was august and DH and I went to Turkey for a week, it was unbelievably hot and I hated every minute! Never again!!

X

luckly we have a caravan by the seaside so we can go there anytime which will be lovely as its realy the only place we can relax lol, but we have had an offer of babysitters so we may just go away just the 2 of us in the new year somewhere sunny not sure yet!

Think we're off too Spain in April I'll be 32-34 weeks !! X

We've just had to cancel our plans having found out about little one. My parents-in-law have a place in Gozo (small island that is part of Malta). It's idylic and one of my favourite places in the world. We go there a lot and we had plans to go back in July, but as I'll be 37 weeks then (if all goes well) we won't be able to make it. They also have a flat down in Sandbanks in Dorset right on the beach, so I reckon we'll go there at the start of the summer holiday before I'm due so my son can have a bit of a holiday. We're very lucky enjoying all their holiday homes :D!

x

We've already booked to go to Florida in September. Hoping baby isn't late and we can get a passport.

We probably will have a little break in spring too. Probably somewhere in the Uk.

Xx

I flew at 27/28 weeks in my last pregnancy. It wasn't too bad, but baby did get a bit wiggly when we landed. From what I recall 34 weeks is the latest you can fly, so I guess that limits dates and destination for those who would holiday abroad.

I've picked a camp site within 20mins of the hospital in Cornwall that delivers babies so if the worst happens and I went into prem labour I know where to go and it isn't all that far.

^ am not flying :) we're driving there :) !!!! Done it last year was lovely we didn't stop off at a hotel though this time we will stop in a hotel toward the middle of France :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->