Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I don't get woken up either. I've just been noticing pretty consistent movement every night when I'm about to go to sleep. Apparently baby does not agree with my bedtime :)

My OH was so chuffed last night to feel a nice big boot and was the biggest one yet. I'm not finding he has a pattern yet and I am finding as his kicks have gotten more low down in the past couple of weeks that they feel more fluttery than kicking again and he is not as active as he was at 17 to 19 weeks.

I've heard they are probably more active at bed time because you are less active. The more active we are the more we are 'rocking' them so they fall asleep.

Either that or my theory is when I'm active, I just don't notice his movements since they aren't that strong yet.

I also do not get woken up and omgsh two I feel the same way! Lower fluttery kicks instead of real solid strong ones where a week or so ago they use to be stronger, more often, and much higher-like even above my belly button!!! Now they are below my belly button I wonder if something inside dropped the baby a bit lower-maybe we are making more space!

My sister says it will still be a little longer before we really feel some good kick as there is still so much room in the sack but still confused with less movement as tike has gone on. I know my lo has his head right down in the engaged position so I wonder if that has to do with the difference in movement

Ah, well I cannot wait for those real good ones-which I can't even imagine how they will be as I feel I have gotten some strong kicks already!! =)

I started getting kicks at 17 weeks, and I am 24 weeks today and my kicks are sometimes strong enough to make my hand move. I can only imagine how visible they will be when I get close to Labor. :D

I felt her turn over when I was in the shower two weeks ago and nothing but flutters after that and 3 kicks on Thursday, but I'm not feeling regular strong movement yet.

Boy - I have been walking and doing that pilates tape and I feel out of shape. It is a really good tape for pregnancy. There are 5 separate 10 min workouts. I did the flexibility one and another one that had me doing pelvic stenghtening and squats and lunges with 3lb hand weights. I will have to keep at it :)

I'm starting my what to expect when you're expecting DVD tonight. Its kind of like your Pilates one where its broken down into 6 ten minute segments, all focusing on different things. Can't wait to try it out. I wonder if Virtue will react to me doing all that.

Oh No Doubt - You'll have to let me know how you like it. I've been contemplating getting the DVD or just going to a Prenatal Yoga place here in town. I keep seeing a coupon for it on one of my websites but I am the kinda person that isn't so reliable on myself but if I pay for a class at a facility I will feel obligated to go!

I found a 24 min video on youtube this weekend. It was more of a strengthening type of workout. Doing 1 min sets of 2 different exercises and then switching to a new set. I really need to find something to build back up my endurance though.

At work I try to 'run' up to my office which is 3 flights up. I do that once or twice a day. That makes me feel out of shape real quick!

Christie, that video sounds interesting. Can you post a link? Is it a prenatal work out?

It's the first day in over a week that I haven't had any back pain yet! Hallelujah!! I've been doing some stretches that I think have really really helped.

What does everyone think about the Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer? I would like to avoid recal temperature reading if possible...

Walker glad the stretches are doing your back some good!!

Christie-to get to school storage at my work it is 3 flights of stairs-I try to avoid it as I am so out of breathe afterwards-lazy me! Good for you for walking those stairs!!

MissA-sorry-cant help as I am not sure what kind of therm. that is?

Here's the video. Not recommended for 3rd tri, so we only have a few weeks left. If you want to replace the crunches with some yoga poses, he has some suggestions in the comments. I went ahead with the crunches. It's only 1 min at a time for a total of 2 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBRK_sUhUz4

MissA - I'm hoping to use a temporal thermometer too. They seem much easier than a rectal and I've heard they're great because you can use them even when your baby/older child is sleeping

So the doctor today said he thinks I'll be at risk for pregnancy induced hypertension and that it will probably show up in 3rd tri. I'm fairly certain it is just because of my anxiety around doctors offices though because it shoots up every time I'm there. My mom also has white coat syndrome. Not sure how to convince them of this though. I've taken my blood pressure on my own (when not in the office) and it is perfectly normal.

Hay ladies how is everyone going??

Well had my weekly scan today and was so happy as everything is going better funneling looked less yay and we even got to see our little man hicuping, was so cute to see.
We got a scan with pic with him sucking his thumb and I finally was able to get all my scan pic's on CDs so will upload later.
I have put on 15 pounds in 22 weeks, I'm happy with that as I don't get to exercise and I'm putting on the recommended weight gain yet my belly looks huge lol.

I also did a a3 canvas to post to my mum with heaps of scan pic's, blue back ground saying just for my Nana and nanas little boy. Can't wait till she gets it.

Hope you are all doing well.

Two-so glad this apt went so well for you!! Sounds very wonderful watching your l.o doing so many cute things!!! I think by 23 weeks I will have gained at least 16 lbs...oh boy! LOL I feel like I am gaining too fast, but not worried about it until my dr. comments haha.

rae-did you tell your dr about the spike in your Bblood pressure when at the hospital only? what did he say to that?

Two that's excellent news!

I get paid this week, so I'm going to start my low glycemic diet (or try at least). MW told me I'm gaining a little to fast and to cut out potatoes, pasta and bread. Which are pretty much staples in my diet, since they are quick to fix.

Gonna use this site to try to eat as much as possible foods under the 50 GI
https://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=faq&dbid=32

We'll see how long I can do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back