Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Have fun in FL MissA. Jealous me!

Yeah for no gallstones too Walker!!

My appetite has increased too!

Love the new bump pic Broody.

Baby has been so quiet yesterday and today. Kinda worried. No big kicks even with drinking orange juice. Going to use doppler tonight when I get home for reassurance. Here is me today:

https://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg134/lisamarie120/22weeks_zpsed69758c.jpg

Super cute snow. I'm jealous! It's a good thing I'm signed up for a marathon in October because I"m going to need some motivation to get all this baby weight off :haha:

I'm really digging the name Owen McCartney Walker right now. Just need to get the DH on board with Owen over Elliot! :)

Hey Ladies! I haven't been on this thread in forever! It seems like everyone is doing well. Thought I'd add to all the boys that are coming and wanted to add our little one to the mix.

Aw lovely pic Snow! (even if you are upside down, lol!) I'm sure your lo is absolutely fine. Mine goes thru quiet phases too. It's good that you have the Doppler for reassurance though...

MissA - Florida sounds fab! A week relaxing in the sun sounds like bliss right now! Yesterday I booked to go to Spain with my parents in Oct. They have a place there so just have to pay for flights :thumbup: DH won't be free to go then so it'll just be me, lo and my parents. Will be lovely to get some good weather since it'll probably be miserable here for the summer as usual! I'll travel home with my parents but they're going over before me so I'll have to fly over with lo by myself!!! Eek!!! Should be interesting!!!!

Walker - great name!

Hi t!!! :hi: How are you doing? ANOTHER boy?!!!! This is getting ridiculous!!!! :shock:

Was just looking up whether ivf has an affect on the gender of babies and found this on another forum. Thought it was interesting...

"I'm not *positive* but I *think* I read somewhere that male sperm are very fast in the beginning but tire out and female sperm are more slow but their endurance is longer and when the embryologist picks out "healthy" sperm for ICSI the male ones are the most active in a fresh smaple so they are more likely to get picked."

Also, this...
"I don't know if ICSI produces more boys but I have read that IVF, especially with a 5 day transfer does result in more boys. It has something to do with the embryos dividing and developing more quickly."

And I've been wondering - are ivf babies more likely to arrive closer to their due dates since there's no question about the date of fertilisation/conception? Must go ask Dr Google!:haha:

:rofl: According to the bbc health website icsi is more likely to result in a girl! Just goes to show you can find a study to prove anything!

"Couples undergoing IVF - where an egg is taken from the woman and mixed with the man's sperm in the lab for fertilisation before being put back into her womb - can expect a slightly increased chance of having a boy, they say.

However, for couples undergoing ICSI - where a single sperm is selected for injection and fertilisation of the IVF egg - the odds lean slightly towards having a girl."

Interesting - we did ICSI and are having a girl.

Snow - I am jealous of your bump - it is so cute!

Hi t84! I was just thinking about you :) Congrats on a boy!

Getting - That's funny... and just shows you can literally find anything to support any theory on the internet! :)

Snow - Cute bump. I swear mine looks like a food/beer bump, but ppl seem to notice :blush:

MissA - :hugs: I was missing for awhile b/c there wasn't much going on after week 13... but now I've gotten a boost now that I know the sex. I love your nursery btw and her name!

Snow-what a nice and neat tiny bump! You make me look huge!! haha. And my little boy has been quiet for the past 2 days now too...I am also worried although I am sure he is just fine....

Walker-GL convincing DH ;)

Good to hear from you T8-congrats on your baby boy!

I read that IVF causes an increase for boys BUT with ICSI it changes for a higher rate of girls 51% girls as a result in a study I read and 49% boys!

I FINALLY felt Virtue through my skin this morning. I just haven't been able to catch him cause he's so active. I tried to get hubby to feel but he's half asleep so of course he couldn't feel anything...and they were good kicks!

Going to do the registry today. Excited!

Me too NoDoubt! Was lying on my side last night and I think the position kind of pushed lo up more against my skin (if ye know what I mean?!) Felt two nice strong kicks with my hand :D So cool!

Also, finally got around to going for the swim I've been threatening for the last few months!:haha: Felt great, did 30 laps :thumbup: Going to try to go twice a week now...

NoDoubt - I've been trying to get a chance to have hubby feel little one kick too but she is so inconsistent at this point that each time I think about having him try, the kicks stop.

Anyone else have a very active nighttime baby? I'm thinking we're going to be up late if her activity now stays the same after she is born.

I know what you mean broody. I was on my side too. Normally he's kicking me down low cause he's basically standing up in there and there's no point in trying to let hubby feeling that. I guess when I lay on my side he turned and started stomping my side instead of my bladder, lol.

Rae, I've been thinking along the same lines, but on days like yesterday where I was walking around for 4 hours straight, he's all tuckered out and wasn't really moving too much at night. So maybe if I can keep him active during the day when he gets here, he'll sleep through the night other than feedings and being changed. I'm sure all of that will go out the window when he's here though and I'll. Be a neurotic mess, lol.

My baby is active sometimes in the early morning (7amish) And then more so at night starting as early as 5:30 or as late as 9:30! He did kicks for me yesterday-although not as strong-I am thinking actually that it was more of his hiccups! hahaha.

Hubby finally felt a few kicks! They were soft, but he felt them. Well they felt soft to him, but I'm just so glad he finally felt some movement!

So far I've been the only one to feel LO. He is usually active right after I get to work and just before I go to bed. I'm not sure if he's active through the night, if he is he's not strong enough to wake me up.

I don't get woken up either. But they are getting stronger and he seems to be active all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->