Super anxiety ahead of 20 wk scan

Ellivort

Reaction score
My scan isn't until next Friday, but every day I am feeling the anxiety building. I just have this terrible feeling something is going to be wrong I just can't shake it. I keep trying to reassure myself.

Hubby is generally very supportive, but when it comes to this he just tells me I am always looking to the negative so I am keeping my worry to myself which is worse.

I don't have any good reason, no unusually cramping or bleeding or anything, but I just feel in the pit of my gut that something might be wrong.

This baby is so wanted and I dont know what we'll do should things not go smoothly next week.

I just want Nov 4th to be done and over even tho, until this week, I'd been counting down with excitement to that day.

Sorry just had to vent a lil

:cry::nope::shrug:

I was the same exact way! It's hard not to be stressed about it! The ultrasound tech even said I was nervous because I'm normal! It just shows you care.

I think they had said there was only a 3-5% chance something could be wrong. So if you look at it that way, the chances are pretty slim.

I'm sure everything will be just fine :hugs:
Try to distract yourself for the time being!

I think it's pretty normal. This is our second and I am still nervous.
I am super excited as we want to know gender n then will start buying things but theres always that "what if" in my head.
I know you said you are keeping it to yourself but if you explain your concerns he will understand.
I spoke to my dh because what if you do find out it is disabled or something and I wanted to know we were on the same page. Which we are.
Men are also a bit oblivious to a lot of the risks such as downs, spina bifida and the thing where babies are born with intestines etc on the outside.
Although these things are rare it is def worth having the conversation now so you both know what you would do if that is the case.

Sorry i prob havent helped much but it is 100% normal to worry about these things and I think you just need to talk to your oh so he understands why you are worried!!

Im sure it will be fine though hunni :hugs:

I’m sorry to hear that, girl. I think most of us go through this. I would let my hubby know about my concerns. Please don’t get stressed out, everything will be fine. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will provide the strength and help you need at this time. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

I'm with you, Ellivort. This is my third and I feel even more nervous this time around. Mine is also a week from today. I just want to get it over with, because I really have a feeling that something is going to be wrong... I hope we're both wrong and everything is fine for both of us. :)

I'm with you, Ellivort. This is my third and I feel even more nervous this time around. Mine is also a week from today. I just want to get it over with, because I really have a feeling that something is going to be wrong... I hope we're both wrong and everything is fine for both of us. :)

Me too! :)

It's completely normal to be so worried, I felt so sick before my scan. Both myself & my OH were terrified of bad news.
Fortunately it's very rare to get bad news at this point, your little one is more than likely happy, healthy & comfy curled up in your womb. :cloud9:

If anything is wrong you'll have so many people to help support you through everything. I know that no matter what happens from here on out I will have help & support when I need it for myself & my little family.

The only thing I can really suggest going into the scan is try to make sure you have names picked. For us it was so much better to put Charlottes name to her when we got the news. The baby, or he/she didn't have spina bifida, our Charlie does, & for some reason it really helped us to know her name in the midst of all that horrible news.

Just try to remind yourself when you're getting nervous that you'll get to see your little one wriggling around on a scan soon, & I'm pretty sure there's no better feeling than that. Every time I get to see Charlotte is truly magical!! :hugs:

it's so natural to feel this way. I get so much anxiety before my scans. All will be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->