Super Early First Scan Question

Spudtastic

Reaction score
Hello ladies

I have had two losses so now that i am pregnant again I am scrutinising everything. I know there is nothing I can really do other than wait but I still have a question for you...

Today = 14th may
LMP = 26th march
Negetive opks until cd19 when I ran out of opks and went on holiday.
30th April = BFN
2nd May (cd38) = BFP on a frer and 1-2 weeks on a digi. Based on this I'm guessing o was around cd27 to 28.
7th may = hcg 880.
14th may = my guestimate is 5 to 5+2 weeks and today I had a scan. They had to go by my lmp which is 7 weeks today even though I know I am only 5 ish weeks but not really any less than that.

I knew my scan wasn't going to show much but I'm still worried.
The sonographer said the gestational sac shows 4 to 5 weeks. That's all we saw, nothing else. She didn't talk about fetal poles or yolk sacs that other ladies on here seem to talk about. ughhgh. I knew I wanted a later one but they had to go by lmp.
Now I'm worried that nothing is going to come of this pregnancy.
Previously I have had scans at 5+6 and 6 days and both pregnancies we saw a tiny thing with a heart beat.

Every pregnancy is different hun. This pregnancy at 6+1 all we saw was a sack, no pole, no yolk, but by 8 weeks there was a little baby and a heartbeat. Your dates could be out by a few days, or your bladder may not have been full enough to see everything, there's a million possibilities at this stage as to why you didn't see much, baby is so teeny weeny. And I know you saw a heartbeat on other scans but it's so rare to see a heartbeat before 6 weeks. I haven't in any of my pregnancies. I honestly wouldn't panic just yet. Good luck!!

Thanks Maryanne - I feel a bit better and will hope for the best at the next scan.
The scan where I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks was one of my losses so I know too that seeing a heartbeat doesn't mean it's going to be ok either.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you that all goes well on your next scan :)

The same thing happened to me saw a 4week sac and 8 days later we had a baby with a heartbeat measuring 7 weeks! Good luck x

Normally the yolk sac can't be seen until about 5+3. I had a scan at 5+0 and saw the gestational sac, then had a scan on 5+3 and the yolk sac was just starting to come into view. They said I'm right on schedule. I go in on 6+4 for my heartbeat scan.

Thanks ladies.
I just pulled out my info from dd and when I was just pregnant with her I had
25 may - hcg 1850
31 may - scan was 5+3 so I was remembering a little wrong. That seems about right with this one Since hcg was 880 a week ago.
And I did a frer which is still super dark with little dye left for the control line So fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->