Super excited & anxious - pregnant @ 41 (ICSI)

MissGlamour

Reaction score
My hubby and I have been on the IVF journey for the last four years.

We are on our third ICSI cycle, fifth transfer, I had the first beta on Wednesday and it confirmed that I'm 4 weeks pregnant. Beta #1 = 220

I'm super excited but also incredibly anxious, that this pregnancy will be short lived. Beta #2 is constantly on my mind and it's four days away, which feels like ages. I'm contemplating buying some hpt's tomorrow just to confirm that I am still pregnant. I'm not feeling "pregnant" and though the nurses have told me that it's too early to feel anything its still playing on my mind. I had a chemical pregnancy two years ago on cycle no.1 and just couldn't bear to go through that again.

I'd love to hear some words of wisdom from some of you, especially those who have been in the same place I am now and went on to have successful pregnancies. I'm usually incredibly pragmatic, however this process really turns me into a crazy person.:wacko:

Hi
Massive congratulations!!! You are pregnant mamma!!

I know how tough the first few days/weeks are. We had icsi in 2009 when I was 35, it worked and I have a soon to be 5 yo (currently snoring in my ear!). Long story short but 1 natural loss and 5 uncessful cycles later, we had donor icsi in jan and I am now,at 40, 18w pg with my baby boy. The failed cycles were down to my rubbish eggs, hence the donor.

I know what a worry it is, I poas sooooo many times in the first few weeks but I am a great believer in positive thought. When I was in first tri, someone posted a really inspirational comment that has stuck with me. Although loss is sadly fairly common and heartbreaking, the most likely outcome of a bfp is a beautiful baby 8 months later.

Try to keep positive, have faith in your LO and believe it will all be ok. Keeping everything crossed for you, good luck.

Xx

Thank you so much for your wonderful words and for sharing your story. I will definitely keep channeling those positive thoughts. I know that is so important at this time.

Hi:wave:
I just found out I'm pregnant...doesn't seem real yet...and extremely early! I am 37 and suffered a MMC at 16wks in January. So I am scared, and hopeful and a whole lot of emotions! I am determined to try my best to be positive and take it a day at a time. I'm going to try not to compare it to my last pregnancy but at the same time be proactive in my medical care and push for what I want.
Looking for a preggie buddy : ) hope your next test shows that little babes is growing! Sticky babies!! :dust::yellow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->