Super nervous...HCG testing

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
I had my first appointment with my nurse midwife yesterday and she decided to take some blood and test the HCG levels to make sure they're rising appropriately before we do an ultrasound... I go back in tomorrow to take more blood and I get the results on Monday or Tuesday. I'm freaking out a little bit, I'm hoping my symptoms are a good sign, and completely hoping everything is okay... there's no reason to think it's not but ughh I'm scared.

Anybody else'ss OB do this? Were you nervous?

My OB has always taken blood at 1st appt and then every 2 days until hcg gets high enough for something to be seen on ultrasound. Luckily with my daughter, my first hcg was over 18,000 so no need to take any more, just scheduled me for an ultrasound the following week. Good luck and congrats!!

Thank you! I guess with my son I found out around 7 weeks so by the time I got in to see the CNM probably 2 weeks later we could already hear the heartbeat. Much different finding out early

Good luck for today. Sure all is going great 😃

Same thing with me. I went in Wed at 4 weeks exactly. Dr had labs drawn. HCG came back at 75. I was told either it was very early, or a non viable pregnancy. Had to go back in 48 hrs for another draw. The next draw hcg was 209! So more than doubled like he wanted. Waiting now on Monday to get here so I find out the next step. Good Luck to you!

Thank you all for the support. Got my blood drawn this morning for the second time, no idea what my levels were on Thursday...im tempted to call and see if they'll tell me so I can at least know that the starting levels were good... im supposed to call on Monday and see if the results are ready but I've gotta know something!

I have to know me. I'm a worry wart lol. Good luck Hun x

I got my results back today, good news! They said the numbers almost doubled like they wanted and it looks good, Ill be scheduling a dating ultrasound for the end of the month because they said I'm definitely early like we suspected. My symptoms seem to be increasing consistently so seems good too! One of the first times I've been happy to be nauseated...the last was with my son haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->