Super stuck for a name!

Abycat

Reaction score
After 3 girls (lily, Amelia & Molly) you'd think I'd be excited to be picking a boys name but I'm stressing out (silly I know, but I can't stop).

I absolutely love jasper as a boys name, its the only one Im 100% happy with, but dh hates it! (He is a vet and said it sounds too much like an animals name).

Middle name will be Luke (dh middle name, plus my little brothers name and he is just the sweetest young man ever).

I used to like Oscar and Oliver but they are so common and I know heaps of friends with both. I like Levi (not anywhere near jasper) but Levi Luke is too weird with the double L mouthful thing!

I really only like old classic names, but not super common ones (I will never go made up names or spellings, just not us at all)... I also don't want something too plain, or that sounds like an old man (I know I'm very fussy, hence the problem)...

Honest opinions on the names welcome, no point posting if they aren't I guess...

Thanks for your input

I like Jasper but it was Tom from Tom and Jerrys original name and one of the born free cubs names so your dh may have a point

I am in exactly the same boat as you, love classic but want something different. It's annoying how classic names are so popular now!
What about Bertie, Monty, Albert, Arthur, Caspar, Ronnie, Reggie, Archie, Francis

My favorite old uncommon name is Basil :) but that might be a bit out there for you

Milo is nice
Ezra

I had a cat called Jasper :) sorry but I agree with your DH. I quite like Oliver. It's more common now but not as common as Oscar!..... That said I still like the name I just know about 5 Oscars born recently lol.
A friend of mine's sister has 3 boys, after her 1st 2 children, Sebastian and Sylvester, the grandma begged her "no more cat names" ha ha

What about Lewis, Leo,Theodore (theo),Bennett,Elliott,Emerson,Flynn,Michael or Reuben?
There's lots more but these are a few to get you started :)
Some names can still sound old. I have client of mine who has a 3 year old called Arthur. It just sounds so old on a little kid.

I just remembered the name of the 3rd boy my friend sister had......Felix! Guess she didn't listen to her mother lol

How about:

Adrian Luke
Silas Luke
Lucas Oliver

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member