Super thirsty...

jeoestreich

Mother of 2
Reaction score
Has anyone else experience be super thirsty while in the first trimester? Oh course...I forgot to ask my doctor about this. I am about four or five weeks along right now. I just notice about five days ago, all of the sudden I am super thirsty. I pretty much am just drinking water right now and I can drink about four to six liters of water a day.

Think about all that extra blood supply your body is working on - totally normal to be thirsty... that takes a lot of fluid!

From what I can tell, it's pretty normal. I'm averaging about 2 liters a day of just plain water, but I also drink juice, milk and the occasional soda.

And I usually feel at least a little thirsty but I have to make sure I drink slowly throughout the day because the couple of times I've chugged something (due to thirst) it just comes right back up.

yep - very normal. I had/have to mix it with something because I can't stand plain water right now... which I know is odd, but a bit of lemon juice and I'm good to go!

I've been extremely thirsty basically this entire pregnancy! There have been a few days here and there when I don't feel the need to drink as much but those are not the norm! I was worried that it might be a sign of GD or something but I passed the screening just fine!

I even have a glass of water to drink throughout the night at my different wakings for the bathroom (yes, I know I'm working against myself here :haha:). It was right next to my bed but we rearranged the bedroom and it got knocked over twice so now it's in the bathroom. I just take a swig or two of water before I head back to bed. Usually most of it is gone by morning. Last night I actually refilled it in the middle of the night!

I have been sooooo thirsty this pregnancy. Don't remember feeling like this in my other pregnancies

Yep been like that this whole pregnancy! Spend half my life in the loo lol :haha:

Yep I've been drinking water like crazy! I also drink at least a glass in the middle of the night...I feel like I need to be drinking constantly!

thirsty all the time...never liked water really and now i can't get enough of it...i drink a lot of water....and an occasional glass of milk of juice...

I feel like a freaking camel. I hated drinking before getting pregnant - I could go the whole day without purposefully drinking anything (except maybe coffee). Now I drink at least a couple litres of water a day. Ridiculous.

BTW, if you're feeling thirsty, you're already dehydrated. So try to keep ahead of the thirst and drink proactively - it's a lot of work but you'll feel better.

I feel like I can drink and drink and drink. It feels like I cannot get enough. Ugh.

Thirsty throughout all three of my pregnancies but parched in the first tri. I felt like I was dying of thirst every minute of every day until I was about 14-16 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->