superstitions and general craziness!

vickyd

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Have you become more superstitious and loony after your losses? I have!
The first time i was pregnant one of my good friends was 4 weeks ahead of me...she went on to have a baby and i had to terminate at 22 weeks. The second time my best friend was 6 weeks ahead of me and i had a missed miscarriage...Now that im trying again two of my friends are prego!! I am convinced that everytime i fall pregnant after a friend something will go wrong! Im driving my husband crazy with my superstition so i thought id vent here without worrying about looking crazy!
Anyone one else have crazy thoughts like mine, or am i totaly loosing it???

I have those crazy moments as well :lol:, when i found out i was pregnant back in february i was convinced something would go wrong after i seen 1 magpie all alone, 1 for sorrow, i just felt something would be wrong, OH just laughed when i told him :haha: x

yes, after thomas died i became obsessed with death and what happens at that moment and after, i look for signs all the time that hes still with me. On the day of his creamation it snowed and it snowed the day he was born so i felt it was a sign from him.
Ive been to mediums, looked at spells for contacting him, if i dream of him i think that its a premonition. you think about things you neva thought of before

Oh hun...youre post gave me goosebumps....Alisarose you will be in thoughts and prayers

I briefly did. The day my mc started it was snowing and the day I found all hope was lost it was snowing. I now have a major resentment against snow!

Great thread! Here's mine - I took the nail polish off my toes the night before my ERPC as you're not allowed it when your have an op (never really understood why). I have always painted my toenails bright red and love it. Afterwards, I couldn't bring myself to polish my toenails again and told myself I would go "nude" until I was pregnant again. So, 6 months later when I finally got my BFP last week - first thing I did...painted my toenails bright red! I suppose it isn't a superstition - more punishing myself because I felt like a failure. The other thing I did was stop reading the book I was reading on the day I found out about MMC - its still on my bedside table half finished - time to pick it up again! xxx

I think its normal its hard to be pregnant after a loss as you are always so paranoid. After my first i found it impossible to enjoy being pregnant with my son, ok i threatened to miscarry him but thankfully all was well but I went for a emergency scan at 7 weeks and was sure there would be nothing there and to be wrong was incredible but i still spent until about 25-26 weeks waiting for something to happen for numerous reasons. I have had another mc since then so I know with 2 mcs and one threatened i am going to be a nervous wreck if i manage to get pregnant again.

:haha:Another thing i now consider to be bad luck is shopping at a specific store for maternity clothing, actually generally shopping for maternity clothing! If i do manage to get pregnant again ill just wrap a sheet around me and go roman style! LOL

I sleep with a pearl under my pillow - old wives can't be wrong!

well my old wife friend at work, whos pregnant, keeps trying to make me sit in her seat so i get pregnant again.

i credit myself with her pregnancy, cos she thought she'd done the bd'ing on the right dates, and i made her do an ov test at work which was +, so they did it that night and got pregnant. I have realised since, the week she got pregnant, was the week my baby stopped growing, and things have gone through my head about that.

I dread sundays. The first time I started bleeding on a sunday. Shame, as sunday used to be my favourite day of the week.

I second the maternity clothes thing. Before both miscarriages I bought work trousers the next size up because my size 10s wouldn't fit and each time i've never had a chance to wear them.

Also, before both times I had told my sister a few days before and my sister gets very excited and starts planning the future about the baby and stuff. I don't think she's a curse as such, but it seems whenever I start getting excited and feeling like it's real - it is snatched away from me. So next time (if I am so lucky to fall again) then I may not tell her for ages!

Nato i can totally relate to that! When i got pregnant my best friend decided that she also wanted to start trying.. She has a really crazy cycle and and she didnt even know when she ovulated...I told her everything and bam on the first try she got pregnant. The funny thing is that for both of my big decisions : getting married and getting pregnant she was the first to know. I never got to have the big wedding i had planned due to financial difficulties and she now is looking to book the place i spent months trying to find. Not to mention she had a trouble free pregnancy as well with my docter that i recommended to her and who i asked to take real good care of her. Seems like all my happy moments were hers...I love her but im not gonna tell her when i get pregnant for as long as i can!

Hi Cesca, lovely to see you back, hope youre ok my lovely, have been thinking about you xxx

ah Vic, that must be hard, yes keep your beak shut next time

My very best friend had a very early miscarriage the week before me, she was absolutely fine about it - she'd never have known had she not done a first response, but if she gets pregnant and it sticks, Im in!!

I have not worn make up since he died and will continue to dress in black til i get pg again. I cant sleep in the room where he die, in fact i hardly ever go in it but i always leave a light on there in case his spirit visits as he didnt like the dark. i used to carry his ashes around from room to room so he wouldnt be alone but ive finally stopped doing that as looking at him was upsetting me

I threw away the shirt I was wearing when I lost my little girl. Couldn't stand to look at it anymore. And there's one bathroom stall I can't go in at work because that's the one I always used when I was pregnant... and when I started bleeding.

I put a nightlight in her room, too, so she wouldn't think we forgot her.

Mines tippin my hay at magpies because I am a sales rep I drive quite a lot so tend to look like a nutter with a tic.

Also tempted with calirvioyants and tarot cards.

Next time around (if there is a next time lol) I will not buy maternity clothes until i really really can't fit into normal clothes :(. Las time I was in new look going to buy new jeans and thought to myself well..a normal pair wont fit for very long so i'll get maternity one..bad idea. Wont be doing that again in a hurry :(

And there's one bathroom stall I can't go in at work because that's the one I always used when I was pregnant... and when I started bleeding.

I have this too. I can't go into the stall I got my BFP in anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->