Supper?

Louise23

Happy mum of 3girls&a boy
Reaction score
I'm just asking this out of interest really.. All 4 of my children (2,3,5,7) are good eaters although my 3 year old is VERY fussy!! But they eat breakfast, dinner, tea and snacks inbetween, mostly fruit then i give them supper which would mostly be fruit toast yogurt or a bowl of cereal and a glass of milk/cup of tea or hot chocolate. I'm just wondering, like I say purely out of interest how many give theirs supper as most of my friends with children don't even offer it. Not that I'm judging as its their choice, they know there children. Mostly out of curiosity tbh.

P.S my 2 year old (3 in march) rarely eats supper as I think he's usually too tired by 6:30 when it's 'his turn'. Well he does wake at 5am religiously :shrug:

I don't, but we eat dinner quite late. On a normal school day he has breakfast, snack, school dinner, snack, tea. His tea is usually at 5:30/6. Then he's upstairs by 7.

Supper? no we don't do supper.

My kids have cereal for breakfast (on a school day this is between 7.30am-8am), then lunch (at school on a week-day, so around middayish), then a snack if they want one at about 3.30pm (nothing huge, just something like an apple or something, or maybe crisps if I'm feeling generous), and then dinner at 5pm.

If they are still hungry after that, they can have a SMALL snack as long as it is before 7pm but usually they are full up from their dinners and don't ask for anything. If they do, it might be a yoghurt, or some grapes.

yes,my kids like their tea early,like as soon as they get in from school (4oclockish) then by 7.30 they have supper then bed at 8.30.

If we happen to have tea late then they will have a snack after school then nothing after their late tea.

Yes we have supper, usually cereal or toast. Fills them up for the night, I always look at it like tea is 5pm, they have to go all the way through to 7am, thats a long time. They have supper around 7pm.

Mine are hungry after school so they have dinner about 4.45 and then they have cereal/toast/fruit before bed.

Yeah my boys have supper, they will have toast, cereal (usually weetibix) and some milk/juice before bed.

We done do supper because they don't have their dinner until later.
On a school day they have breakfast at 8am, lunch at 12 and dinner at 6.30pm. Esther doesn't really snack much between meals but Daniel does. When he gets home from school he will graze on fruit up until 6pm at which point i don't allow him anymore. After dinner there isn't enough time to fit in a supper.
Rather than give an early dinner and then need to give a supper i prefer to let them have a snack and then eat dinner later. That way we can all eat together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->