Supply issues?

Mhm. I was told about the compressions and tried that too - it works for awhile but in the end he just refuses to latch. He gets very frustrated which ends in me getting upset. I asked my doctor about domperidone today too - he said it's not approved by the FDA in the US so that option is out the window. I think I'm going to have to make the painful decision to stop... :cry: I need to be a mentally stable mother...not an obsessed desperately crying mother trying to do something I can't do. Thanks for the help everyone. At least I tried for nearly 2 months. :cry:

You can get domperidone online, on your own...of course it depends on your comfort level but if you want to go that route, you can. Inhousepharmacy.biz is a popular site. My understanding is that it's not illegal to make, sell, or prescribe, just not FDA approved.

If stopping is what helps your sanity though, then by all means do that. A happy and stable mother is worth not BF in my opinion, not to mention that you're a person too and deserve your sanity :hugs: :hugs:

Is he for sure not eating enough now? Just a bit of info... my daughter, my first baby, she would nurse for 45 minutes at a time and so when I had my son, I expected the same. But he nurses for 10 min max, usually more like 5 min... and is gaining very well. I know you are worried about weight gain, so probably not the case... but wanted to mention that just in case! My heart goes out to you because I know supply issues are rough... I had issues when I went back to work after my daughter... I learned this time that my supply is better if I have lots of letdowns... so I'm like you and letting him eat any time he's wanting to (even during the night) and I drink a ton and eat healthy and drink beer and take prenatals etc etc... yet I definitely don't have an oversupply... it baffles me how anyone does!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->