Support for Plus Size Women TTC #1

Welcome to all you new ladies, it's great to have you here! Sounds like most of you had a busy few days!

1sdrfa- GL this month, FX and baby dust!

Goldstns- Thats fantastic on your weight loss! I'm only at 6 lbs since the 1st and its driving me nuts! I seem to be stuck at this weight. I need to change something, Im just not sure what. Its frustrating

Try2findbaby-Im sorry to hear about your trouble with BD. My OH is like that sometimes and battles depression as well. The best thing Ive figured out, is just to give him space. He always comes around and me pushing never helps anything. But I really know how upsetting that can be. GL

Jiggybean- Dont feel silly about your cycle. Im still not sure I've got mine right, lol. We'll figure it out, plus there are tons of ladies with great info on here. I love it

Amourczek- Congrats on your weight loss and getting healthier. Its a great feeling. GL this month.

FX I should be ovulating or getting ready to ovulate this week. Most of you know this is my first month off BC (coming off in the past I never had problems regulating, but, this time could be different, I know) So Im not sure exactly, but I've been having some mild cramping for a day or so...I've heard of ovulation cramps, but dont think Ive ever experienced them. Could that be what this is?

rockin- i always have light cramps around O. so it sounds promising! I didn't get my period for a year after BC and I only got it because I was put on meds to make it come. however I have a hormone imbalance so hopefully your experience is better. Luckily we weren't trying to conceive so the year wasn't that bad.

rockin- i always have light cramps around O. so it sounds promising! I didn't get my period for a year after BC and I only got it because I was put on meds to make it come. however I have a hormone imbalance so hopefully your experience is better. Luckily we weren't trying to conceive so the year wasn't that bad.

Thanks for the quick response! Im sitting at work with light cramping, and probably a good two weeks before my next AF (FX), so Im a little confused about whats going on. Should OH and I still continue to DTD for a few days still?

still feeling like crap here..intermittent nausea and just feeling rundown in general...34 days here so far..wondering how long this will last and if the ole period with will ride through soon...anybody in that boat? hoping good things for you guys :)

still feeling like crap here..intermittent nausea and just feeling rundown in general...34 days here so far..wondering how long this will last and if the ole period with will ride through soon...anybody in that boat? hoping good things for you guys :)

have you tested Michaelap?

Negative x2. Dollar store test and frer, neither as a first urine due to working the night before..so just waiting here for something ~lol~

Thanks for the quick response! Im sitting at work with light cramping, and probably a good two weeks before my next AF (FX), so Im a little confused about whats going on. Should OH and I still continue to DTD for a few days still?[/QUOTE]

yes keep doing it until the temp goes up. and still even do it that day and if you are up to it the day after too.

can you start to get symptoms only 5pdo?

gums were bleeding this morning (I cant remember the last time my gums bled) and for the past 2 days i have had dull pressure pains just about my panty line on my left side between my pelvic bone and belly button. it started off for 1 hr really sharp now its just been dull and annoying for 2 days.

I am also bloated and gassy, but i wont count those symptoms because i have IBS that can cause those feelings at any time.

Thanks for ur understanding rockin and geenabe. Unfortunately mentioning depression in other threads has caused others to assume my dh is incapacitated and isn't ready to become a father and maybe I should dose him up first and get him 'well'.

I found those comments so hurtful and insensitive (I have Unsubscribed the thread) I know the comments come from ignorance and lack of knowledge of depression. Unfortunately depression for some isn't 'curable' but it can be managed through medication or other treatments. My dh has been incredibly proactive with treatment and we are very open about the condition with each other and I think have a strong marriage. We have had to accept that unfortunately he may go through down times in the future. He is not a danger to anyone. He just struggles to have energy sometimes but the medication has helped and he can't wait to become a father.

We have had so much criticism from my family about dh, to the point where they didn't want me to marry him. My dh is a kind and sensitive man and I love him with every ounce of my being and I know he will make an amazing dad and will pass on understanding to our children which is something essential in every human being.

Sorry if I went on my soap box and went on a bit long. I just had to get things of my chest! I really appreciate ur understanding everyone. It's probably a similar stigma to being overweight - everyone assumes ur too 'lazy' to make changes (I've had that in other forums too!) sorry everyone :dust:

Michaelap- keep up updated FX!!!!

goldstns- Ive read a lot of threads where women start experiencing symptoms that early...stay positive! GL

can you start to get symptoms only 5pdo?

gums were bleeding this morning (I cant remember the last time my gums bled) and for the past 2 days i have had dull pressure pains just about my panty line on my left side between my pelvic bone and belly button. it started off for 1 hr really sharp now its just been dull and annoying for 2 days.

I am also bloated and gassy, but i wont count those symptoms because i have IBS that can cause those feelings at any time.

Thanks for ur understanding rockin and geenabe. Unfortunately mentioning depression in other threads has caused others to assume my dh is incapacitated and isn't ready to become a father and maybe I should dose him up first and get him 'well'.

I found those comments so hurtful and insensitive (I have Unsubscribed the thread) I know the comments come from ignorance and lack of knowledge of depression. Unfortunately depression for some isn't 'curable' but it can be managed through medication or other treatments. My dh has been incredibly proactive with treatment and we are very open about the condition with each other and I think have a strong marriage. We have had to accept that unfortunately he may go through down times in the future. He is not a danger to anyone. He just struggles to have energy sometimes but the medication has helped and he can't wait to become a father.

We have had so much criticism from my family about dh, to the point where they didn't want me to marry him. My dh is a kind and sensitive man and I love him with every ounce of my being and I know he will make an amazing dad and will pass on understanding to our children which is something essential in every human being.

Sorry if I went on my soap box and went on a bit long. I just had to get things of my chest! I really appreciate ur understanding everyone. It's probably a similar stigma to being overweight - everyone assumes ur too 'lazy' to make changes (I've had that in other forums too!) sorry everyone :dust:

Dont ever be sorry for saying what you feel. I know exactly what thats like. My OH sounds very similar to yours :) Hes extremely proactive and he manages great most of the time, but there are some days that are harder than other....and Im ok with that, and as long as we communicate, we'll be just fine. It has nothing to do with what kind of parent he'll be.

And I agree with you about the similar stigma with weight loss. Just because Im heavier doesnt mean Im lazy. Im working on it! lol
So glad you're here, keep your head up :hugs:

try2findbaby...i am so sorry to hear about your troubles..it's very hard to get along with lif whn your own family isn't supportive...just yesterday morning my mom said to me "well if i'm gonna be a grandma tell someone else"..really mom? thanks. (parents got divorced when i was 6 months old), but my dad still doesn't want me to hate my mom or be resentful toward her, so he says "maybe she was trying to be funny"..not funny..i battle with decreased energy as well (overweight and just a bit of blues at times), work full-time and still manage to live..and if you and your husband are comfortale and live in a way that is happy for both of you..tell everyone else to screw off..

rockinmomtobe- thank you! still in limbo here..day 37 (ha sounds like survivor or something)..still bouts of nausea, then super hungry..tired..then blah..just super weird..work nights so a lot of it hits me at work..super hit, then dizzy and nauseous..wth??

Thanks guys u really helped me :hugs: I'm so glad to be talking to real people who have actual problems - someone told me that if we were all perfect life would be pretty boring after a while eh?! Fx for ur symptoms michaela. I'm convinced I'm out this month due to bd issues :blush: so I'm just waiting for af in a few days :coffee:

ladies i'm a meternity nurse..so it's reassuring to see women planning and wanting their babies..not that my patients don't want their kids, but most are not planning in the same way..many who have had several abortions (pro-choice btw, just not as a source of bc) and decide to follow through on a few pregnancies ya know...and then you get those ladies who have been trying forever and finally get a baby and are so in love with their child..that is my favorite

I love reading all your stories, so much similarity to myself and so much personal strength, so glad I found this thread. Try2findbaby I was so touched by your thread and how you spoke about the strength of your marriage giving you strength, I believe that having a partner like that who Is there and understands all the heartache of ttc is crucial. I'm sure you give your husband strength and I think that people who have been through, supported someone or are going through depression are stronger for it.

As for me I am now past when my o should be (if I am oing at all) and I am in the fingers crossed stage, that is all I can do

Hi ladies, just checking in....I know some of you have O'd (including myself...I think lol) and now we just wait! Thats the worst part. Im thinking I might be out for this month. Not entirely sure when I ovulated and OH and I DTD probably 10 of the last 14 days....Im just not sure if it was enough or close enough to when I O'd. So Im getting a little panicky lol. Just the waiting I suppose.

GL and babydust this month Gennabee!!!

Hi Ladies!

I haven't been on in a while as work has been a bit crazy so I'm just getting caught up on all the new posts. I am seriously glad I found this thread. The strength you all have is so refreshing and the posts are so honest and real. Each TTC journey is so different yet we can all relate to so many of the same emotions. Each month is such a roller coaster. Ugh.

I'm just waiting for AF to get the heck outta here so we can get to the big O! Unfortunately, my husband was just switched to nights temporarily so we don't see each other until the weekend. I work 8am - 5:30pm and he works 5pm - 3:30am. I guess we'll have to do 4am and lunchtime booty calls otherwise we don't stand a chance this month!

Is anybody having any luck in the weight loss category? I just joined weight watchers and figure each month that doesn't result in a BFP better at least result in a few pounds gone.

Fingers crossed for those of you in the TWW!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->