Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

And.... We're out. Today's smack dab in the middle of when I should be getting a positive OPK and it was actually lighter today than it's been all week. I played around with a due date calculator and the first due date that isn't within 2 weeks of one of the kids' birthdays is at the end of April, which means conceiving around the beginning of August. Kinda bummed. I am a *little* relieved- my friend who had an IUI done 2 weeks ago just found out it didn't work and we were hoping to be real life buddies. Plus, I didn't want to be celebrating while she's still recovering. I don't think they're waiting more than a couple months to try again, though.
Booooooooooooooooo.

Sorry, Brit. Although it seems like you're looking on the bright side for now. Is it possible you could have surged in the middle of the night and missed it?

No chance at all.... Not 3 hours after taking that test, I started bleeding again. So I'm thinking that it's just not back to normal yet. A few months should give it time to get there- and maybe I won't even be back to normal for most of that time anyway.

Ugh... Going to my brother's blessing something this morning- which is in the midst of their church service. Should really be fine. Though I might get some looks for not wearing an ankle length skirt. They can deal with dress pants.

Pants?

Haha, oh man. I wouldn't have been allowed through the church doors in pants.

Though... Last time I went to church, I wore black knee-high boots, a black mini-skirt, and a rainbow sweater. And I told all the Sunday School kids that being gay was not a sin.

Aaaaand that's how I got banned from grandma's church. :haha:

LOL Ginger!

Well.... It's either pants or a (barely) knee length skirt. I don't exactly have "church" clothes in my closet for some reason (ha!). Also, we've had 30-40 mile an hour winds this week and a skirt would be really cold. I don't think I have nylons, either... Those things are evil.

Oh... Wait. Just realized that 1/3 of my hair is teal. Waaay too late to try to look like I belong there anyway. Lol.

Yup! I'd say you're pretty well screwed. :haha:

Teal hair, though. Awesome!

Lol so I wore pants and he wore a *green* shirt without a tie (every other male had a white shirt). We obviously weren't one of them. Went ok though. The patriarchal sexist tone made me want to gag.

Lol on Jesus! Ours can decide when they're old enough. Until then, anyone who tells my kid what to believe will be removed from their life.

DH is an English/History double major, who wrote his thesis on the Crusades. So I'm fairly certain that our children will be taught religion as a cultural and social-history subject rather than fact. DH has become much less religious since we've been together, to the point where he questions the existence of a deity. I don't think he considers himself a Christian anymore.

I finally broke down and ordered a BBT.

Now watch me be pregnant. :haha:

Hey ladies!

I got my BFP a few days ago. Taking all of my meds and steroids and progesterone and hoping that this is the bean that sticks around.

I'm feeling unusually optimistic about this pregnancy. Usually I just obsess and worry myself to death, this time I don't feel any of that anxiety...and I keep having these random thoughts that everything is going to work out this time!

I also had strange fleeting thoughts this whole cycle that we were going to be pregnant this month....just, weird thoughts out of nowhere. Hopefully they're all true!

Yay!

How is everyone else doing?

so my son did get in to the school. Found a group on facebook for non religious parents , raising without religion. Its good and Irish to so I dont feel so alone now. Only some said even one that was a teacher than they leave the kids in the religion class just dont let them do work which to me would really make them stick out and whats the point on that when I dont want them hearing all that? so I have to find out whats happening where will my son go during religion.

Hey ladies!

I got my BFP a few days ago. Taking all of my meds and steroids and progesterone and hoping that this is the bean that sticks around.

I'm feeling unusually optimistic about this pregnancy. Usually I just obsess and worry myself to death, this time I don't feel any of that anxiety...and I keep having these random thoughts that everything is going to work out this time!

I also had strange fleeting thoughts this whole cycle that we were going to be pregnant this month....just, weird thoughts out of nowhere. Hopefully they're all true!

Yay!

How is everyone else doing?

CONGRATS! Hoping your bean is super sticky! :happydance:

Congrats stuckinoki! Hope it's a sticky bean.
Dragonfly glad your son got in and you found a group to fit in with.

So I don't think I told you girls yet. Saturday morning I left DF and moved in with some friends. At the beginning of May I will hopefully be getting my own place. I just couldn't do it anymore, I was pretty sure I was getting married for all the wrong reasons: on the top of that list being that I've always wanted to be a young mom and wife. So I left but agreed to go to counselling, mostly because he was not letting go. We started talking again yesterday, made an appointment with the counsellor. He picked me up from work and said he had taken my advice and read his bible and...he's now a non-believer with me. At least now if we get back together I don't have to worry that he's going to force my kids to follow the Catholic Church but I told him that I didn't leave him because he was Catholic.

Congrats, Stuck! Hope it's extra sticky!

Wow, rogers. Hope it all works the way you need it to for your happiness.

Wow, rogers! I hope you and DF can either patch things up, or you are able to find what makes you happiest.

I love how all three of you started that with wow Rogers. Thanks ladies. I will probably be disappearing at the end of April when my testing thread finished

Congratulations, Stuck!!!

Sorry to hear about the split, Rogers! Everything will work out for the best. It sounds like you know what you need to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->