Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

That's a lot better. I almost wonder what's wrong with it, though. LOL! You'd expect some price difference between craigslist and the big complexes. That's huge!

A couple of friends of mine moved to Honolulu for academic jobs, and even they weren't making enough $ for good apartments. The cost of living there is ASTRONOMICAL. Gorgeous though. I've never been to that island, but it would be worth a lot to live in paradise like that!

Wow that's an awesome deal anywhere. I was renting a basement suite for $600

Still waiting to O and have another catholic funeral to attend tomorrow *sigh* DF's uncle that I only met twice

My condolences. :hugs:

Catholic ceremonies of any kind take forever.

hi everyone, can i join?? im very open to everyones religious/spiritual beliefs im just not sure if i have any myself lol.

im currently NTNP for baby number 2 after mc last month. i have a 3.5 year old little boy.

Hi, welcome, sorry for your loss. We can always welcome more non-believers/ doubters. And yes, ginger, it did drag on and on but I entertained myself by trying to estimate how much they had spent on this church. I hit 10, 000 before I even got to the massive amounts of marble and the skylight and giant crucifix and the building itself. I would hasten to guess, close to a million, at least half a million, and ours is "small."

hi everyone, can i join?? im very open to everyones religious/spiritual beliefs im just not sure if i have any myself lol.

im currently NTNP for baby number 2 after mc last month. i have a 3.5 year old little boy.

Welcome! Sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Good luck for the future! :dust:

Hi, welcome, sorry for your loss. We can always welcome more non-believers/ doubters. And yes, ginger, it did drag on and on but I entertained myself by trying to estimate how much they had spent on this church. I hit 10, 000 before I even got to the massive amounts of marble and the skylight and giant crucifix and the building itself. I would hasten to guess, close to a million, at least half a million, and ours is "small."

I live in the Northern KY/Cincinnati area, so pretty close to Solid Rock Church, which is a 4000+ member mega-church. They decided that instead of giving $250000 to charities, they would rather build a GIANT statue of Jesus in front of their church. Because... that's what god would want. Ironically (read: hilariously) "Touchdown Jesus"/"Big Butter Jesus" got HIT BY LIGHTNING AND DESTROYED in 2010. So what do they do? Spend MORE money to build a new, even bigger, Jesus statue... with a lightning-suppression system inside. :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mf2u9VWAhM

Seriously, though, guys. There are kids in Cincinnati that need shoes. I think "god" has displayed that he is not pleased with your statues.

Omgoodness ginger, that's terrible! Seriously, if they sold all th marble and gold and statues nevermind the giant buildings themselves, they could feed thousands.

Welcome, mumofone25!

Ginger, that is ridiculous. Didn't they ask themselves WWJD?

Yep. I just don't get it, I guess. But the song is still funny.

I truly don't understand most religious groups' priorities. Or a lot of religious individuals' priorities, for that matter.

Hi, I wanna join your thread. It's too late in the evening to give a lengthy introduction though....but HI :wave:

Bedtime :sleep:

Hello Electriccat, I've seen you around, you're on my testing thread. Welcome!

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to stop in to say I'm so sorry for disappearing. I just found that keeping up with my online life was draining my energy reserves. I love you ladies and the support but I found the less screen time I had after work the better for me. So that's where I am with that. Again, my apologies.

Update, I'm still plugging along. 26 weeks today. Everything is going well. We're still not finding out the sex of the baby. And we're still very much prepared for the backlash from when we don't baptize. We agreed that we will likely read bible stories to the kid, if only as a fairy tale, so that the kid gets references culturally (don't want them to be a weird kid who asks who Jesus or Noah is and gets laughed at.... they'll know they are a character is a creation myth... we'll read other creation myths as well)

Anyway sorry to have fallen off the earth. I ditched B&B completely but you can find me on twitter if you're there @Tsyhanochka

I know this is the ttc section but is there another one for mums as I need to ask a question from mums who have kids in school in Ireland that are atheist but the school is catholic. They can be left out of RE classes and stuff like that but worry teachers will treat them like crap.

I know this is the ttc section but is there another one for mums as I need to ask a question from mums who have kids in school in Ireland that are atheist but the school is catholic. They can be left out of RE classes and stuff like that but worry teachers will treat them like crap.

There was a pregnancy one, but I don't think it ever really took off. There's not one for moms, as far as I know. I would post about it in the parenting section. See if you can get a conversation going.

You're sending a kid to a Catholic school? Are there no public/non-religious schools around?

Tsyhanochka, good to hear from you! Glad you're doing well! I'll have to follow you on Twitter.

No this is NI we dont have any other schools other than catholic ones or protestant. But one school will take my non christened children in the area, either that or home school and my son wants to go to school. I think its good I can leave them out but I bet they will be the only ones left out and no way am I putting them in for RE and all the rest to keep up appearances. Which my family will flip at once they find out they are left out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->