Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

I love how all three of you started that with wow Rogers. Thanks ladies. I will probably be disappearing at the end of April when my testing thread finished

Great minds think alike I suppose.

I've been there, I chose to walk when all was said and done. Thankfully it was the best decision I've ever made. Everything worked out...and god had nothing to do with any of it. Chin up lady :flower:

I did!

BFN as expected (and hoped for, honestly)!

I'll get the Provera and wait until DH's job stuff is completely settled, then we'll go for Clomid. :thumbup:

Stucknoki: Congrats on your BFP! I commented in and will be following your journal!

Rogers: Sorry babe. Maybe it was all for the best. A million years ago i was trying for a baby with my ex and thought we were going to get married and be together forever. THANK GOODNESS i didn't get pg! My life as been so amazing post break-up and i can't imagine life without my wonderful husband. I meet my hubs just four days post break up... keep your eye out! Your next big love might be right around the corner!

Pinkee: Love the hair!

AFM, been super busy over here! between the end of the school year, finishing up course work, studying for my exams and applying for a new job I have been so busy! Not really even sure if we are still ttc, we've both just really been focusing on things that make us happy. I just had a big interview for my dream job, and will hear back next week. Fingers crossed! Also, been working on eating clean and getting healthy. I have somehow lost 14 pounds (7 kilos) since my last MC. I feel good and look good so i'm happy for the moment!

I love color, actually I switch it up every year, already itching to do something different.

CONGRATS Stuckinoki!
Ginger- have you done clomid before?

:happydance:I'm pretty excited to have found a thread of non religious ladies, I've been TTC off and on for 5 years and it's SO HARD to not offend people who give me the generic "when it's in god's plan" support.

I'm on my very first round of clomid (cd15) and I'm also losing weight, my pcos and hearty weight gain inhibits me from ovulating. I'm so ready for this to be my year!

Pink, are you also on metformin for your PCOS? I took clomid for a long time and all it ever did was thin my uterine lining to the point that a baby couldn't implant even if it wanted to....I prefer Femara to clomid :)

Welcome, Pinkee!

How are you feeling, Stuck?

Hi Viet!! Are you back in the States or still overseas? Glad to see you are well. I hope you get your dream job! What will you be doing if you do?

I'm good. Feeling pretty good. Not a ton of symptoms...a little shaky and queasy and complete food aversions right now...can't find anything that I want to eat.

I love color, actually I switch it up every year, already itching to do something different.

CONGRATS Stuckinoki!
Ginger- have you done clomid before?

:happydance:I'm pretty excited to have found a thread of non religious ladies, I've been TTC off and on for 5 years and it's SO HARD to not offend people who give me the generic "when it's in god's plan" support.

I'm on my very first round of clomid (cd15) and I'm also losing weight, my pcos and hearty weight gain inhibits me from ovulating. I'm so ready for this to be my year!

I haven't done Clomid before. I should be starting it after taking Provera this cycle, but DH suddenly had some job turmoil and I had to put TTC on hold. Hopefully soon we can be Clomid buddies! But I'd rather you get your BFP! :haha: Have you O'd?

I just found out I have PCOS, and my doctor doesn't think I'm ovulating on my own. Also, DH's morph is 5%, which is normal but not by much. He has a high count by volume, though, so hopefully it balances out. Otherwise, we'll have to try AUI or something. He's stopped drinking pop (he drank a LOT) and started on a men's multivitamin as well, so hopefully that improves.

We ALL understand exactly what you mean about people saying that it will happen naturally in "god's time". Uh, not for me it won't! It'll happen when my doc finds the right balance of medication and conception methods! Yay, science!

You'll fit in here just fine, Pinkee!

Sbmack: Stick over seas... but finally coming home for a visit this summer! If I get the job, i will start in July as a High school art teacher at an international schools. Since the school is new, i would also develop the entire program art program form scratch. It would be so amazing, such a great opportunity. I'm really hoping I get this.

Pinkee: I'm also trying to lose weight to get PCOS under control. Although I wasn't over weight, i have read that body fat (such as excess stomach fat) can effect ovulation and make PCOS worse. I'm almost down to my goal weight, and next need to focus on reducing my body fat percent through diet and exercise. I hope it helps!

AFM, Earlier this week I really wanted to have my cards read (something I haven't done for a really long time) but had no idea where to go here. Last night I was out really late and bored and this fortune teller walked up to me and asked if i wanted to do a reading. What are the chances! I had a great reading done, and she told me that i would get the job (!!) and do well at it. Also, we talked about my fertility and she was so upset when I told her about all my miscarriages that she read my palm and confirmed that i will have one child. She also said that i have MANY fine lines (representing mc or abortions). The cards said that this would be a really hard road for us, and a long journey, but to never stop listening to my self and my body. Doctors will try to get me to use medication, but I should stick to my guns and go natural. In the end something I will find out about and do will work for us (wondering if this could be weight loss and detoxification?) I guess we will see if she was right about the job thing later this week! If she is than I would like to do more readings with her, she was good, like really good about things she said before i gave too many details.

Yay! Just checked my cycle and I'm on day 9, which is past the point where I started bleeding again last time. Not much in the way of being back to normal, but I'll take it. Need to start the OPKs again today.

Sb: Did you see that I ordered a BBT and am going to start temping? It's the end of the world. :haha:

Viet: That job sounds amazing! I really hope you get it! The fortune teller thing sounds really cool too. I've always been interested in stuff like that, but it's kind of hard to prove. I got my palm and cards read as a teenager by a man and his daughter in the French Quarter of New Orleans. The guy told me I would have seven pregnancies, but not how many kids I would have. I don't want to go through any miscarriages, but I certainly don't want 7 kids, either! If I end up having to do IVF, that's all I'm going to think about. :haha:

Bibliophile: Hopefully those OPKs light up nice and bright for you soon!

AFM, today is my second day on Provera. Three doses in, and nothing yet. But last time I took it, I took all 10 pills (twice a day for five days) and then still had to wait two days for it to finally start. So maybe it will work faster this time? :shrug:

I'm also waiting for my OPKs to turn dark.
And I'm debating whether or not to keep taking my Vitex during my LP....I'm thinking I might just lower the dose?
Any of you have any experience with this herb?

Dust to the lot of us!

Well... It won't matter until July if the OPK turns positive. ;) A cycle that's at least normal in length would be nice, though.

Electricat, I took Vitex for a couple months. I didn't notice any changes, but I think the depo was stronger than any herbs. Lol. Need to start taking it again... From what I've read, though, you need to either stop it at ovulation OR continue taking it through the 1st trimester and wean off of it then. Since it encourages progesterone production, they say stopping it suddenly if you're pregnant could cause an m/c. My plan is to take it through the 1st trimester since I've had m/cs in the past.

Wow, in all my blabbing about jobs and fortune tellers, I forgot to mention my cycles! We're waiting to O over here! It should be any day now, unless my weight loss messes up my ovulation. We are trying still, but pretty half ass.

Ginger: 7 children! My goodness! That would be awful! And 7 MC would be even worse! Hope the fortune teller is wrong for your sanity and uterus!

Ha ha ha. I got so desperate that I had a fertility reading done a few years ago. She said I would conceive or have a baby boy in October.....Nope. lol. I spent 45$ on that reading too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->