Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Good luck to all you ladies testing :) I have a coworker who keeps telling me that when I see my baby in my arms in september that I am going to find jesus and thank him for the gift. I replied "right. Because jesus was the one who knocked me up, and not my husband." He didnt laugh.

Hahaha! Yeah, I've been told similar things. My favorite is when someone says "How can you look at a brilliant red sunset and not know it was put there by the hand of God?" to which my response is usually "How did you graduate high school without knowing that aerosol pollution scattering the sun's light wavelengths is what causes red sunsets?"

Lol!
Ginger, I haven't paid any attention to anything Catholic since we had some giggles over the last pope "retiring." They're just reiterating what we already knew they thought anyway.

I just don't understand religious people's need to convince everyone else that they're right. Or maybe it's insecurity and they feel like they have to prove it. Lol.

Lol!
Ginger, I haven't paid any attention to anything Catholic since we had some giggles over the last pope "retiring." They're just reiterating what we already knew they thought anyway.

I just don't understand religious people's need to convince everyone else that they're right. Or maybe it's insecurity and they feel like they have to prove it. Lol.

i'm a science and universe fanatic, so it really gives me a headache when people actually believe that the world was created in 1 week by a celestial magician. all (literally ALL) of my co-workers are devout super-christians, and my father is one of those crazy catholics, he gives me christian charity made cook books and rosaries for christmas in hopes to lure me back in. i'm really worried that when my baby is born that they're going to try to jade him with their nonsense.

I mean, if my baby decides on his own accord that he believes in a god or whatever, thats fine with me and i'll support whatever he believes in (i wont agree but i wont tell him he's stupid)... i just don't want him reaching conclusions because he drinks the poison that everyone who surrounds me tries to feed him. I've already turned my parents down for childcare because I'm afraid of what they'll try to teach him (though it didn't work on me, so maybe it won't work on him either HA)

We're in the same boat... My sister is a single mom & so my parents watch my nephew a lot. She's an atheist. They're the speaking in languages type Christians.... And they try their absolute hardest to indoctrinate him. A couple weeks ago my mom tried to pass it off as them "exposing" him to other beliefs. He's FIVE. Five year olds don't have the ability to process that and decide for themselves. So.... They won't be watching mine other than a few hours here & there. And if they try to tell ours how to believe, I'll happily start telling my 16yo brother all about ours. Lol.

(Am slightly irritated with them right now... They borrowed our vacuum because theirs was broken. When my dad brought it back yesterday, he didn't bother even knocking and just walked right in. Getting ready to put a sign on our door that says "Knock. You don't live here.")

We're in the same boat... My sister is a single mom & so my parents watch my nephew a lot. She's an atheist. They're the speaking in languages type Christians.... And they try their absolute hardest to indoctrinate him. A couple weeks ago my mom tried to pass it off as them "exposing" him to other beliefs. He's FIVE. Five year olds don't have the ability to process that and decide for themselves. So.... They won't be watching mine other than a few hours here & there. And if they try to tell ours how to believe, I'll happily start telling my 16yo brother all about ours. Lol.

(Am slightly irritated with them right now... They borrowed our vacuum because theirs was broken. When my dad brought it back yesterday, he didn't bother even knocking and just walked right in. Getting ready to put a sign on our door that says "Knock. You don't live here.")

HA especially since you're about to start TTC, the last thing I would want is my catholic father walking in while we're romping on the couch. Too far? LOL

I had a temp drop and a BFN this morning. Just waiting for AF to show so I can start on the whiskey.

Bwahaha Kaili! That's EXACTLY it! I'm actually designing a vinyl thing for our front door now.... "Knock if you don't live here." I'm hoping that'll be funny enough that people won't get offended. But whatever if they do. They should know better. They have a teenager at home and we still don't just walk in unless we're expected.

Ginger, be oh so glad you live far away. I'd kill to be far away again. More hugs.

I guess I've missed quite a bit on here.

Congratulations Ginger!! How exciting.

I had my D&C on the 14th, had a quant on the 17th [it was 4]. Had my follow up appointment on the 31st [HPT was negative]

And then I get this BS today.

https://i42.tinypic.com/2h6vqjk.jpg

Doctor said to wait a cycle. I absolutely can't believe it...we've had sex TWO TIMES since the D&C.

Ugh.

Stucki, I was wondering about you!

Holy crap, the universe sucks. I really don't know what more to say about that. I'm surprised you O'd right after the D&C like that. Fuuuuuuck.

Thanks hun.

I saw your journal and your banner is AWESOME. If you get bored, would I be able to persuade you to make me a chook one for my TTC/pregnancy journal? Just something simple like "Waiting for Chook". With my little chook picture on it??? I've been desperately trying to use the banner makers online but I absolutely SUCK at html code. Ugh. It's like a foreign language to me. lol

Attachments

• chook - Copy.jpg
    chook - Copy.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1
  • chook.jpg
    chook.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 0
If not, that's totally cool too. I'll keep plugging away on the internet ones ;)

I'd love to make you one! Do you want me to color those chicks yellow for you?

Also, I found this. It is both terrifying and hilarious:
"I have looked into the eyes of Satan, and he was wearing a 15% off sale earl grey cardigan."

OOOOOooo. Yellow chooks would be AMAZING. Ginger you're the best!

Stucki!!! Wow hun another positive I followed your last thread and was broken hearted for you. I don't understand how people can believe in a god that seems to be so twisted and cruel to good people.

GINGER I am so excited for you hun!!! Congrats!!!

Sorry ladies I rarely post on here but I do stalk you all to see how you are all doing <3 :hugs:

OOOOOooo. Yellow chooks would be AMAZING. Ginger you're the best!

https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/stucki_waitingforchook_zpsf013decc.jpg

Code:
[IMG]https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/stucki_waitingforchook_zpsf013decc.jpg[/IMG]

Will that work? Honestly, I love making little things in Photoshop. I cruised around the "graphic request" board and filled all the requests that were recent, and then ran out. :haha:

Thanks, Clynn! Dust to you! :dust:

Omg that is so cute Ginger, when I need one for my pregnancy journal i'll definitely be hitting you up ;) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->