Support thread for all the atheist, agnostic, non-religious, and secular humanists

Hey girls!

Can't remember if I ever actually got round to joining this thread, I know I was so cautious in the early days I didn't venture much into the pregnancy forums, then I couldn't find the thread and just hung around in the TTC one for a bit, but I'm 14 weeks now and don't really belong there anymore and finally found this one again!

Hope you're all well!

Hey girls!

Can't remember if I ever actually got round to joining this thread, I know I was so cautious in the early days I didn't venture much into the pregnancy forums, then I couldn't find the thread and just hung around in the TTC one for a bit, but I'm 14 weeks now and don't really belong there anymore and finally found this one again!

Hope you're all well!

Hello & welcome! Congrats on your pregnancy, hope every thing is going well for you.

I have made it to 24 weeks, V day so I have been very happy this weekend :)

Hi everyone.
Glad to have found this thread. I don't have children yet, but my boyfriend and I have discussed what we'd do, religion-wise, once we had children.

I was raised in a Jewish family, and his family are Jehovah's Witnesses. Needless to say, we both had some interesting upbringings, but neither of us are at all interested in passing along either religion to our children.

I am glad that there are like-minded people here. We live in a state that is dominated by Christians (but what state isn't, I guess) and it is hard to find very many atheists around here.

Anyway, good to see you all!

Hi everyone.
Glad to have found this thread. I don't have children yet, but my boyfriend and I have discussed what we'd do, religion-wise, once we had children.

I was raised in a Jewish family, and his family are Jehovah's Witnesses. Needless to say, we both had some interesting upbringings, but neither of us are at all interested in passing along either religion to our children.

I am glad that there are like-minded people here. We live in a state that is dominated by Christians (but what state isn't, I guess) and it is hard to find very many atheists around here.

Hello & welcome! Its good that you and your boyfriend are on the same page. I think it must be really difficult if one person is religious and the other isn't.

We are quite lucky here in the UK, as religion just isn't really a big deal.

Looking forward to chatting with you :)

Hi everyone.

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know if by dont have children yet you mean you're still TTC or WTT, there's a similar thread to this one in the TTC section which may be better for you at this stage rather than the pregnancy thread? That one seems more chatty than this one too, not that you're not welcome here, just wanted to mention it in case you didn't know and thought this was the only religion free thread :)

I just saw this thread and I'm a little late to the game, but consider me in.
DH and I won't be christening or having a religious affiliation. I like to tell people that I don't have any problem with what they want to do, and yes, I'm extremely informed and feel fine about my decision. 12 years of Catholic school... I served my time...

Wow - haven't seen this thread come up in a while!

Shannon - welcome! This thread has been dead for a while, but maybe we can revive it! My DH and I are not religious, and neither are our families, nor any of our friends. I guess we are pretty lucky that no one really cares what we do! I think it is so odd that total strangers would even think to ask questions about religion, it is just such a foreign concept to me!

So Shannon - how long have you been ttc? How is it going so far? What methods are you using?

We just started actively trying this month, I'm in the TWW right now! (GAH!!!)
I've been off BC for 4 years and we were kind of NTNP for that whole time. So we are going au natural right now :) (But I'm almost 35 so I'm gonna keep an eye on things) But positive vibes for this month!

It's been a long time.

Are you ready for your rainbow to be here, Viet? I'm so glad things are going well this time. :)

Shannon - Sending lots of positive vides your way! Hope it happens really soon for you and your DH!

Bibliophile - Yes! I am so ready! I still have a few weeks to go, but I got really big really early (looked about 7 months at 5 months) so needless to say I have tired of this massive bump! It is really hard in the heat too. But happy to have a healthy baby cooking away as long as he/she needs to be!

congrats to you as well! Happy to see you are pregnant! How are you feeling? I remember right at 13/14 weeks everything got really wonderful - no more morning sickness, tons of energy. I pretty much felt fantastic until about a month ago.

I started feeling better at about 10 weeks, but I definitely still have bad days here and there. I'm really glad it went away a bit early, though- we found out a couple weeks ago that we have to move cross country mid March and there's no way I could have done it with the way I felt during most of first tri!

I hope you can stay cool! I'm sure the big bump would get old pretty fast. Hope your last few weeks go smoothly.

Good thing you are moving sooner rather than later - we moved around 4 months, and it was tough, but manageable! Luckily it was just across town, and we hired people to do all the heavy lifting, but it was exhausting! Usually it takes me about a day and a half to get all unpacked and settled... this time we still had unpacked boxes four months later!

I've never been unpacked that fast! Lol. Definitely won't happen this time. We do have movers who will do the lifting and hauling, so that will be really nice.

so glad to see more pregnancies around here. :) we are WTT again in 2017. I promise it was all worth the wait! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->