Support thread for all the atheist, agnostic, non-religious, and secular humanists

Hope this thread stays going for when I can make it over here. :) We'll have loads of fun with my family, too, so I sympathize! (My sister asked my mom to stop taking my nephew to church. My mom told her it was too inconvenient not to take him. Lovely, huh?)

Hope this thread stays going for when I can make it over here. :) We'll have loads of fun with my family, too, so I sympathize! (My sister asked my mom to stop taking my nephew to church. My mom told her it was too inconvenient not to take him. Lovely, huh?)

Hi & welcome :) Will try and keep thread going. I'd be inclined to tell the mom that it is too inconvenient for her to look after nephew if she cant respect your sisters request.

too inconvenient my bum! child indoctrination really burns me up. i guess she wouldn't see him anymore if it were my child. that is what our parents on both sides will be told. you attempt indoctrination on my child before he is old enough to truly understand what you are talking about you will never see him again. that's it and that's all.
how is everyone? anything exciting happening? for me, I surpassed the 20 week mark of my pregnancy and my husband comes home from month long TDY next week :happydance: so ready to have some help in and out of the bathtub again! :haha:

Yeah, I'd have kept him away on Sundays at least, too. Especially since I told her we'd take him those days if she wanted (she works most Sundays). But not my kid, so I'm staying out of it now.
How long does your hubby get to stay home?

I hate when people deliberately do things against my wishes with my kids. Even when it's small enough as food when I said she was all done. (Aunt gave DD more food after she dumped water out on her plate and I told her if she did it she would be done eating. I acted, Aunt thought I was being too hard)

Yeah, I'd have kept him away on Sundays at least, too. Especially since I told her we'd take him those days if she wanted (she works most Sundays). But not my kid, so I'm staying out of it now.
How long does your hubby get to stay home?
Potentially... he could be called up at any time because he is on rapid deployment docket right now and his dwell time is up. realistically...the unit we are attached too JUST got back from Afghanistan so he shouldn't be deploy-able again until early next year. :thumbup: I'm glad too. I need some time with him after 6 months of deployment and then this TDY.

too inconvenient my bum! child indoctrination really burns me up. i guess she wouldn't see him anymore if it were my child. that is what our parents on both sides will be told. you attempt indoctrination on my child before he is old enough to truly understand what you are talking about you will never see him again. that's it and that's all.
how is everyone? anything exciting happening? for me, I surpassed the 20 week mark of my pregnancy and my husband comes home from month long TDY next week :happydance: so ready to have some help in and out of the bathtub again! :haha:

Just past 19 weeks for me and not much happening at all. Great to hear your husband is coming home soon, hope he can stay with you for ages x

I hate when people deliberately do things against my wishes with my kids. Even when it's small enough as food when I said she was all done. (Aunt gave DD more food after she dumped water out on her plate and I told her if she did it she would be done eating. I acted, Aunt thought I was being too hard)

How annoying! I dont understand why some people think it is OK to over-ride the parents decisions.

How is everyone's pregnancy going? How are you all feeling?

It's going good for me! no problems really. a tiny bit of ankle swelling and of course some tiredness but nothing to worry with! My belly is so huge now it is mind blowing :)

Its going pretty good for me. Last appointment had me at 2lb pre pregnancy weight still and baby had a heartbeat of 140. Find out if its a boy or girl on march 13. My hips have started acting up already. Almost instantly this time. Definitely harder this time. Hopefully I will get a physical therapy referral at my next appointment

I'm ready To be done. 37 and 4. Scheduled for induction at 38 and 5. Today's plan https://www.skipolinispizza.com/prego.php

Its going pretty good for me. Last appointment had me at 2lb pre pregnancy weight still and baby had a heartbeat of 140. Find out if its a boy or girl on march 13. My hips have started acting up already. Almost instantly this time. Definitely harder this time. Hopefully I will get a physical therapy referral at my next appointment

Ouch, sounds painful, hope you are able to get a therapy referral soon. Good to hear everything else is going well x x

I'm ready To be done. 37 and 4. Scheduled for induction at 38 and 5. Today's plan https://www.skipolinispizza.com/prego.php

That's one heck of a pizza!

uhg FUMING mad. Rant coming...feel free to ignore.

Just got a second piece of mail from my estranged grandmother. The first piece called my baby a demon and said he was going to burn in hell. This one?? Now she says I WILL change my baby's name or only use his surname! :growlmad: Apparently "eli" has too much biblical negative connotation. :rolleyes: I want to slap her in her Fing face. I'm going mail her a letter and tell her we changed him name to satan lucifer and bought a branding iron for his birth to brand 666 into his forehead! Then maybe she will learn to keep her mouth shut!

Ugh, that is crazy about your grandmother! Im with dr squid - ready to be done!

uhg FUMING mad. Rant coming...feel free to ignore.

Just got a second piece of mail from my estranged grandmother. The first piece called my baby a demon and said he was going to burn in hell. This one?? Now she says I WILL change my baby's name or only use his surname! :growlmad: Apparently "eli" has too much biblical negative connotation. :rolleyes: I want to slap her in her Fing face. I'm going mail her a letter and tell her we changed him name to satan lucifer and bought a branding iron for his birth to brand 666 into his forehead! Then maybe she will learn to keep her mouth shut!

There are just no words for this level of crazy! Sorry you have to deal with this :hugs: Is there any way of telling what post has come from her so you can dispose of it without reading it?

from now on it is getting marked "return to sender" if her return address is on it. I refuse to deal with that kind of ignorance. I was seriously considering writing her a letter to tell her not to write anymore but my husband reminded me that it probably wouldn't do any good and that I would be better off ignoring her. Not to mention, and I know it isn't nice but IDC, returning her mail will hurt a lot more in the end. it's like i can't even grace her with an explanation as to why we aren't speaking anymore.

Ugh!! I'm sorry! That's just awful! And I know some awesome guys named Eli!! shove it lady!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->