Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

Hi ladies (and guys)

Congratulations to everyone that got their BFPs and buckets of good luck to everyone still trying.

I do not post very often but I look at these boards every day looking for hope. Thank you for what you all share - it really helps lurkers like me!

Brief history - me 33, thin-ish symptomless PCOS, DH 42, DH had vasectomy (he has one child). Treatment so far 2 x failed vasectomy reversals at The Dawson Clinic Hartlepool. Treatment at QEH Gateshead: SSR (5 vials frozen), 1 x ISCI BFN, 1 x ICSI freeze all OHSS, 1 x FET positive but no heartbeat at 7 week scan - D&C, moved to new clinic LWC Darlington: 1 x FET BFN from poor quality frozen embryos that were transferred from QEH, 1 x ICSI freeze all due to OHSS, 1 x FET first time we ever got to blastocyst (grade 4AB & 3BB) - just got BFN today. I over respond to the meds every time and get a lot of eggs but only ever get average-poor quality.

We have just got our BFN this morning following our latest FET and I am looking for hope that we will get our baby. Has anyone been through something similar and got their baby?

Hopes xxx

Ash I am so happy for you! Hopes2013 I do not have the same story but do believe if you can afford it eventually it works and I wish you all the best!

Hi Hopes :howdy:
I don't have any experience with PCOS - as our infertility lies with DH (who has azoospermia).

You can see from my signature, that it took us a loong time to be successful - but we were and I am the Mama of a gorgeous 17 month old little boy <3
It is really hard with PCOS to get the dosage just right, so that you get eggs, but not overstimulate (which is more likely to yield many poor quality eggs). But there have been many successes for women with PCOS, so I have my fingers crossed, that they will figure out the right protocol for you (and that you have the emotional, physical strength to persevere to get your dream).

Congratulations Ash, delighted to hear your news.

Hope -sorry to hear about your unsuccessful cycle. Try and stay strong xx

Hi ladies it has been a long long time.

Just wanted to give your ladies some hope with my story. After getting pregnant after 5 ivf and 1 fet we tried for number two. We did one FET and 1 more IVF. IVF resulted in no eggs. I was so depressed and was told to give up assisted conception.

I then made an appointment with a nathropath that put me on a diet, herbs and supplements. After two months of trying I am now 7weeks and 4 days pregnant. Saw a lovely heartbeat two days ago!

Sometimes our path or journey is not what we expect but sometimes with prayer, persistence and luck we get there.

Really hope everyone is doing well!
Once baby number 2 comes our family will be complete. Looking forward to no more appointments and infertility behind me.

Infertlity definitely made me a different person but for now I am just so grateful that we got there!

Also wanted to say thanks to everyone on the thread for all the support!

So its taken me about a week but I just read through all 134 pages of this thread! Even though I knew it was inactive. And I really felt like I got to know some of you amazing brave women, who have been through so much to get to where you are today.

I have one daughter aged 2 and a half years, conceived through our first cycle of ICSI, and ever since she turned 1 we have been trying so hard to get her a sibling. four cycles of ICSI/IMSI and all nothing. Only one embryo each time so nothing to freeze either. We are so grateful to have one child, I just so wish we could give her a sibling.

I've never been on a forum before but just read the last page just now and signed up so I could ask a few questions. Africa Queen are you still around? My heart broke for you when I read your happy news that so quickly turned to sad news. I hope you are doing okay.
And Unlucky which supplements did you take that your naturopath recommended? We are about to embark on IVF cycle 5 and it would be great to know so that I could try and take them.

Anyway I'm not sure if anyone will read this, but thanks for being so open about your journeys and giving me some hope and solidarity on my journey.

A friend of mine friend was in the same position - 4 failed IVF-s. She combined her 5th with PGS NGS, and got pregnant. Believe and your dreams will come true. Keep my fingers crossed xx

Thanks Bubumaci! I read all about your struggles and your journey gave me hope. Well done for chasing your dreams so hard. Are you going to try for a sibling for your little one?

We had an initial consultation at a new clinic and they suggested batching embryos and PGD which is exciting but also tough considering we only seem to get one viable embryo each cycle. Trying to decide between that or cycle number 5 at our local clinic which is where our daughter was conceived. Any thoughts? May even do both, have number five at our local clinic then a couple of cycles and batching embryos at the new clinic. I'm 39 and feel the window of opportunity is small. Batching will give us an opportunity to use my eggs whilst they are still not quite ancient without wasting months on failed cycles. Any thoughts? These are tough decisions...x

So its taken me about a week but I just read through all 134 pages of this thread! Even though I knew it was inactive. And I really felt like I got to know some of you amazing brave women, who have been through so much to get to where you are today.

I have one daughter aged 2 and a half years, conceived through our first cycle of ICSI, and ever since she turned 1 we have been trying so hard to get her a sibling. four cycles of ICSI/IMSI and all nothing. Only one embryo each time so nothing to freeze either. We are so grateful to have one child, I just so wish we could give her a sibling.

I've never been on a forum before but just read the last page just now and signed up so I could ask a few questions. Africa Queen are you still around? My heart broke for you when I read your happy news that so quickly turned to sad news. I hope you are doing okay.
And Unlucky which supplements did you take that your naturopath recommended? We are about to embark on IVF cycle 5 and it would be great to know so that I could try and take them.

Anyway I'm not sure if anyone will read this, but thanks for being so open about your journeys and giving me some hope and solidarity on my journey.

Hi hope did you have any luck?

my supplements were designed to help my endometriosis so not sure if it is suitable for you? if you are still interested let me know.

this thread saved me and thanks for reading

Oh, I just saw your question.
Well, we have one embryo frozen (would in theory be older, than Fabi!) - however my husband is suffering from depression and so it seems unlikely, that we will transfer in the near future :( :(
We wouldn't go through the whole process again, no. I have neither the finances for it, nor the psychological / emotional / physical strength to go through it all again.

What did you decide on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->