supportive OH's

pa2k84

Mummy to Lucas Richard
Reaction score
Just wanted to say it is great how supportive my OH is on the whole natural parenting thing.
He is loving all the nappies and talks about them and shows them to friends almost as much as me.
Bought our wrap at the weekend. Went for a Kari-me after demonstration in shop. Again he keeps going on about it and how excited he is about trying it out.
Have been chatting about the BLW (a way off i know!) but again he is all for it even saying may have to pick up a few books nearer the time to help him be able to support me better.
Just hope my mum is as open to the ideas!

It's great that your OH is so supportive! Arif laughs at my nappies and rolls his eyes when I run to meet the postman, but he did recently give me money for more and he always tells people about them. He does it in a way like he's teasing me but I can tell he's proud of Leyla's fluffy bum.

I got the BLW bible and told him how good it was, so he read it. I was very proud of him sitting on the tube every day reading it on the way to work! He said he got lots of funny looks but he enjoyed it I think.

Edit: I meant LEYLA'S nappies, not mine :rofl:

my OH is bloody useless when it comes to any kind of parenting, never mind natural lol

he still doesnt know which nappies are which, i ask him to put a liner in and he puts a flannel in,i ask him to put an insert in and he puts a flannel in :dohh: think he just likes the flannels lmao

he will not wear the wrap, he still doesnt know the names of nappies even, if i want something i cant even say you know the yellow one, the green one, cos he acts clueless, really he is useless, make the most of your supportive OH lol

x

Forgot to say, you know you have 'proud mummy moments'? I had a proud wifey moment the other day when Arif was changing Leyla and I asked him if he wanted me to get an easy nappy (AIO) from the bedroom. He replied "No thanks, I like the Flips", so not only did he not want an easier one, he LIKES the Flips AND he knows their name!!! Made my day!

lol @ rachel! When my (very blokey) OH told me that 'the Itti Bitti's arent absorbent enough for her....' i near hit the deck!!

this 6ft2 blokey mans man...saying 'itti bitti' was just hilarious!

He always reaches for the BG though, likes the easy velcro....his big hands just cant do fiddly poppers apparently!

my hubby is really supportive - though doesn't always get it right! there have been a few nappy disasters! :haha:

he supports all of my decisions in regards to feeding, weaning etc even now we've decided to 'grow our own' veg, have a breadmaker too.

i'm the one driving it all though! he just trusts my instincts and trusts my decisions implicitly!

i'm the one driving it all though! he just trusts my instincts and trusts my decisions implicitly!

This is the same as us. DH wouldn't be bothered about any of it if it wasn't for me researching it and doing it all but he's proud of what we're doing and makes a point of pointing out her fluffy bum to anyone who will look at it! :haha:

We were out in town yesterday and I got the mei tai out as usual and he got a strop on because I always wear it and when's he going to get a 'go'?! I thought he wasn't into the mei tai but turns out he was feeling left out so he wore her like the proud daddy he is all day! :cloud9:

We were out in town yesterday and I got the mei tai out as usual and he got a strop on because I always wear it and when's he going to get a 'go'?! I thought he wasn't into the mei tai but turns out he was feeling left out so he wore her like the proud daddy he is all day! :cloud9:

that's so cute! i love seeing dads babywear - my oh draws the line at that though!

he is really proud of what we do too, he talks about it with his colleagues at work alot who surprisingly are on very similar lines to us as well! the all blw, but didn't do all the things we're doing.

cute stories!!!

My OH and i have always been very like minded in all of our parenting choices with E. he loves all of her diapers and is probably MORE efficient at putting them all together and putting the correct inserts in than i am (he is a bit OCD hehe)! he always wants to be part of choosing which colors and prints we get (although i have the final say because i'm his queen!). he also loves wearing her around. we have several different kinds of carriers. every morning he puts her on his back in his outdoorsy baby carrier (for camping, he picked it out while we were pregnant) and they go take a looong walk in the woods.
whenever we are out and we see people awkwardly carrying their babies around in carseats or giant elaborate SUV strollers (prams) he says "what is the point, why don't they just carry their babies?" hehehehehe, good man.

my DH makes the same comments about the SUV strollers :) DH also wears Emma and I bought a buckled carrier thinking that he'd like it better than the baby hawk but he informed me that "no, I like the tie straps- I get a better fit with them". He's supportive of the cloth diapering but can be completely clueless at changing Emma despite me trying to make it easy for him by keeping pockets handy and ready to go. I thought for sure that he'd draw the line at co-sleeping but he's fine with it, especially since he knows it makes BFing at night easier for me. Now if I could just get him to put the diaper laundry in the washer and clean up all the BLW messes he'd be perfect... :haha:

Oddly enough it was my OH trying to get me to do it all natural and me saying "no I cant deal with it blah blah" He brought the first baby carrier we had, and he was talking me into re usables - after doing his research, which was what made me look into it. His faves are bg v3s though, nice and easy, he likes the flips but the folding is a pain lol. And he will babywear whenever I ask him too. He wants us to move to a proper house so he can grow his own veggies and keep chickens lol :)

My OH moans in genral about it all :rofl: He much prefers the nappies but thinks i'm mental :lol:

Me and DH both wanted to use re-usable nappies and both did the research online but oddly he was able to get his head round the different types a lot quicker than I did. I am starting to get a nappy addiction which my husband does not understand but when his Grandma came to stay over because I was in hospital and she looked after our pets while he was at work on night he did show off our nappy stash to her. I felt oddly impressed that he was showing off our nappy stash! I doubt he will be any use at changing nappies and will try to get out of it but he does seem to take about the reasons why they are better than disposables to anyone who will listen.

my DH is great (although I haven't managed to get him to wash a pooey nappy yet!) and is always wanting to show off cloth bum, carrier and BLW!

I'm just new to this (still working on making Mady enough diapers to cloth diaper full-time), but my OH is doing surprisingly well with it all.

He first rolled his eyes at me when I said I was going to make her a cloth diaper, but now he's actually helping me make them and I can see he's proud when Mady wears her little winnie-the-pooh diaper we made her.:thumbup:

aww bless lol, paul draws the line at helping me make them, he will put them on, and he will take them off, albeit he puts them on wrong and takes them off and leaves them on the floor for me to sort :shock: although saying that i did force him to draft me a pattern for a fitted nappy yesterday which he did fuck up at first but once id explained how to do it he did pretty well, im sure he'll be very excited to see a nappy i made out of 'his' pattern hahaha

x

My OH think's I'm obsessed with nappies but recently floored me with 2 comments. The first one was when I hadn't done a nappy wash :blush: and was waiting on new night nappies so I had to put a sposie on Ry for bed, so I was just getting him ready and I heard, "No, not them their stinkin' " which I found hilarious and before I sold the naughty babies I had he told me not to buy anymore cheap nappies cos they don't feel as nice as minky :rofl:

He also says he doesn't understand why people give babies puree's when they can quite clearly eat for themselves (very matter of fact and I could be bothered explaining why)

and his favourite 'there's nothing fitter than a breastfed nipper' and I don't know where he got that from.

I think he secretly likes showing Ry's nappies off too and quite happily tells people we cosleep cos we all get a better sleep and he quite often where's my wraps now (usually to play the computer :haha:) but if I take a pic he always say, "You better not be putting that on your baby forum" :rofl:

hahaha LMFAO! does he go to nandos by any chance??? they have a sign up behind the till saying ''theres nothing fitter than a chicken in a pitta'' :haha:

X

My OH is definitely led by me, but is generally quite keen on all of my ideas- even though he does affectionately refer to me as his hippy wife :rofl:

I kinda have to educate him before he gets things though.. i.e he was very against cloth until I actually bought some and showed him them and he could see and feel them etc :)

My dp is really good with my nappies/wraps etc. When he gets the boys dressed in the mornings he always puts them in cloth, and he always remembers to put Doms amber necklace on, as I keep forgetting to put it on him :blush: I think my new sling obsession has gone a bit over his head though, although I did get him wearing Dom in the kari me before I got my kozy and patapum - Dom promptly threw up all over him though, so im not sure if he will want to do it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->