Sure start grants...

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
what does this mean?

'Child Tax Credit at a higher rate than family element'

According to https://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/sb16/ssmg.asp#leg2:

"From April 2008 to April 2009 this means a Child Tax Credit rate of £548 a year or more, or £1,095 a year or more if you have a baby under one year old. "

Say if you had a child already and you were reciveing Child tax higher then the family element as said above then you can reiceve the sure start grant 11 weeks before you give birth , but if this is your first, you will have to wait and see how much tax credits you will reiceve if any and then you will be able to try and apply for the grant.

I never knew this!! Know for next time!!
x

Oh thanks guys <3

I don't think I'll qualify =(

I get 1200 for child tax benefit actually. so maybe I'll JUST qualify.

Child benefit is different to child tax credit, everyone gets child benifit, only people of low incomes get tax credit , you usually can't find out how much tax credit you will get til after LO is born x

It wasnt child benefit cos I went to the tax credit section and filled in a form. I put babys birth date as yday just to give myself an idea of what i will be entitled to lol

i've just sent off my form, my daughter gets highest rate disability rate so think i qualify my child tax credit was £5 more than family element but it confused me, i best get it i need it for the nursery stuff lol
x

looking at that site i dont think rosies dla comes into it and in the family element thing i'm a fiver under. all confuses me lol
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"