sure start maternity grant and 2nd 3rd ect time mummys

littleblonde

kacey and sophie
Reaction score
the thread i got this from ladys is in the 2nd trimester there is a link on it so check it out. Will post it on here if i get on the laptop. But anyone due on or after the 11th april who has a child of 16 or under will not get the sure start grant. It dont matter how much you earn or if you didnt qualify last time. We wont get it.

Me and OH are arguing this, as it's his first child and he meets the criteria. Been advised by the citizens advise to argue it.

check out the thread in the 2nd trimester. There may of been something bout that. Could be wrong. The link is on there. But if not. Id fight it to. You can hardly say to his ex give me ur baby stuff lol and nor would u want to x

Lol no worries.

Well it does say you can claim if you OR your partner are pregnant. And seeing as the two boys he lives with aren't his children, I just think it's unfair that he should miss out on this as well because I have two previous children!

Just bugs me that people on an income of say £50,000 per year are entitled to this if it's their first child.... and they need £500 why?!

So do people still get any type of grant now? I was reading through the books from my booking appointment and it said the grants stop in 2011. I and my OH are pregnant with our first baby so would we qualify for anything?

Just bugs me that people on an income of say £50,000 per year are entitled to this if it's their first child.... and they need £500 why?!

I'm not sure thats accurate, you only get it before baby comes if you are on say, income support. After baby comes you are entitled if you are on the highest band of working tax credits I believe :flower:

Ahhh well that makes more sense!

Yazzy you'll be entitled if one of you is claiming, Income support, job seekers, tax credits, not sure what other ones. If you don't claim anything then you're not entitled. Again think that's right.

i can see why you ladies would be a bit annoyed as it is alot of money you thought your entitled to. But then look at it the other way i work and my oh works so we aren't entitled to nothing which pisses me off as i pay my taxes and neither of us have amazingly well paid jobs. And you could just use some of your old baby stuff instead of buying all new. Or buy second hand. I know i will have to buy some stuff second hand as me and oh will never be able to afford everything brand spanking new. Plus i think it's right you dont get it everytime you have a baby it should be first baby only to help you get started. Just my opinion ladies. X x

Everyone is entitled to opinions, and everyone's circumstances are different, I had to quit my job due to depression, my OH works, but doesn't earn a decent amount. I'd love for both of us to have lovely secure jobs, but life just doesn't work like that.

So I don't think it's unfair that we should be entitled to that money but aren't, why help out for a first child?? And how many people have just the one child now and don't want more.
I have no old baby stuff as it was all at my grandparents house, who lost that due to a house fire last March. I will be buying some things second hand most definitely, but not the important things!

I see you're in Cambridgeshire too! I didn't mean for the previous comment to sound blunt and I most definitely wasn't bashing you for your opinions, everyone should be entitled. And maybe if our government wasn't so self centered and used our taxes sensibly instead of on £2mill ''what makes the people happy'' surveys then we'd all be set. Shame our country is in such a shambles really eh.

i can see why you ladies would be a bit annoyed as it is alot of money you thought your entitled to. But then look at it the other way i work and my oh works so we aren't entitled to nothing which pisses me off as i pay my taxes and neither of us have amazingly well paid jobs. And you could just use some of your old baby stuff instead of buying all new. Or buy second hand. I know i will have to buy some stuff second hand as me and oh will never be able to afford everything brand spanking new. Plus i think it's right you dont get it everytime you have a baby it should be first baby only to help you get started. Just my opinion ladies. X x

My only issue is my first will be only 12 months old when this baby comes along so we will have to buy alot of stuff as most will be still being used for the first child like the cot etc. My OH works really hard for not alot of money and any extra is a blessing and used wisely. And then theres the other side where people may have a 5/6 /7+ year old and not have kept the stuff from their first child for this long. Besides the fact that carseats will be out of date, you need new matresses etc

im confused lol :S

so my baby girl will be 13months n il have a new baba but i wont get the £500 even if im on income support :S xx

Nope, you're no longer entitled to it as you have a child under 16

im sure i just posted on here :S lol!

so will we not be getting it even if on income support? as my daughter will only b 13months when i have baby no.2 x

No it no longer makes any difference after April, it is for families with their first child only.

Lol I was wondering what on earth you were on about as I saw it! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"