Surely someone else is getting this?

Fruitmash

Reaction score
Comments about baby's gender! I'm only 12 weeks so finding out is a long way off but I can't take anymore.
I have a beautiful four year old daughter. When I was pregnant with her I was desperate for a girl, so much I cried on here about not wanting a boy at all. I was so scared and anxious about having a son and not loving him.
This time, I couldn't care less. And I'm really enjoying having no preference, I know I won't be disappointed either way and it feels like a weights been lifted.
But people won't shut up about how I HAVE to have a boy! How great they are!
It's so weird to me, first time around there was such an emphasis on having a healthy baby instead of a specific gender and now it's switched. When people say "aw, I'm sure you'd love to have a boy" all I reply is that I only care that they're healthy. But people keep rattling on "yeah yeah of course but given the choice..."
Sorry for the rant. Totally lost my rag haha

I think people say it to make conversation, not to cause upset. It can be annoying though can't it? I think my mil thought we had a third to get a boy. We actually didn't have any preference!

The baby gender comments will pass and be replace with bump size/ shape comments then that will be replaced with many many other random comments from diet to exercise to how many time a day you should poop lol

Ive learned to smile and nodd and when i walk away to forget the comments, its nice people have opinions and like to share but in pregnancy hormones take over other people thoughts can get more annoying than normal!

That is all anyone says to me, imagine its a girl, i hope you get your girl, girl girl girl, If i am honest this is the only baby i have had that i am not desperate for a boy. It was a surprise baby and i wanted Andrew to be my baby boy, so i think that is why this time i am not desperate for a boy.... But still gets old people "crossing their fingers" for me.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->